Chapter Seven

Miki's POV

It's been two months since I kissed Hikaru and I haven't visited the Host Club since. I talk to Haruhi after school every week and she helps me avoid Mo.

"Miki," Haruhi states during lunch, "why are you so persistent on avoiding Mamoru so much?"

I pause for a moment before quietly answering her question, "he always forces me to talk about the past and I just wanna move on." A frown appears on my face as I open my bento box.

"Have you tried telling him that?" I turn to Haruhi but don't say anything as the twins sit across the table from us. I take a quick glance at Hikaru then grab my stuff and leave.

Hikaru's POV

As Karou and I enter the cafeteria, I smile when I spot Miki. She's avoided eating in the cafeteria since I kissed her. Truth be told, I think I scared her. As Karou and I sit down, Miki grabs her stuff and leaves. Releasing a sigh, I place my head on the table.

"What did I do wrong Haruhi?" I turn to Haruhi in hopes of an answer. To my dismay, she doesn't reply.

"Hikaru," Karou begins, "go chase after her. Maybe she has a valid reason to be running from you."

"Are you sure about that Karou? You know what happened last time I kissed a girl who ran from me..." I frown at the thought as Haruhi reaches across the table and pats my arm lightly.

"Karou is right Hikaru. Go after her." As I look from Karou to Haruhi I decide to follow their advice and chase after Miki.

Miki's POV

I was able to successfully avade Hikaru. I decided to finish my lunch and take a walk through the rose garden to kill some time before my next class starts. The beauty of the rose garden captivazes me so much that it leaves me breathless. 

"Isn't it beautiful." I turn around to be faced with Tamaki. To my surprise he's not his usual goofy self. Tamaki has a gleam of kindness in his eyes as he admires the roses next to me. 

"Miki," Tamaki begins while still admiring the roses, "I know you don't like me but I just want you to know that you are always welcomed to the Host Club. We won't charge you and we'll even leave you alone if you want."

Surprised, I turn to Tamaki dumbfounded. The Host Club is willing to leave me alone?

"W-what's g-"

I get interrupted by Mamoru and sigh. He has the worst timing. "Miki? What are you doing with that piece of trash?"

"Excuse me," Tamaki gets back on his high horse and drops the kind act, "I am royal trash thank you very much, peasant!"

"Peasant?! You're the peasant you useless rich boy!"

I sigh and sit down next to a yellow rose bush as the boys continue to bicker at each other. They may be smart, but sometimes they are both useless. I sigh again and decide to take out my sketch book and begin drawing a rose.

Hikaru's POV

I've lost sigh of Miki and it's almost time for class to start. Yelling in the rose garden catches my full attention. I make my way to the rose garden and spot Boss argueing with that Mamoru jerk. As I forcus on their words, I notice that they're just argueing over who's the more useless peasant. I chuckle and spot a girl leaving the rose garden. As I focus my attention on her, I notice that it's Miki!

"Miki," I shout to get her attention but am drowned out by the bell. I watch in silence as she walks away.

"Hikaru," the Boss's voice brings me back to reality, "don't you agree that Mamoru is a useless peasant that doesn't even know how to make a woman happy?"

"Well Boss," I state a bit annoyed, "you're just as useless and you can't even make Miki happy." I smirk as he crawls into the fetal position and starts crying. I chuckle and then proceed to class.