Be Chosen

DD: Hey guys! Wow I haven't posted a one-shot in a while now. Anyway, this was my one-shot for the fifth issue of the YGO-Magazine so for those of you who like a bit of Glamourshipping or just like Mai and Miho in general, this story's for you. Maybe. Hopefully. Oh, and all of the girls are meant to have their names not capitalised. This is a crossover with Louise O'Neill's Only Ever Yours. Enjoy!

-DDLDHoW-

miho knew that she was pretty. Or at least, that she was meant to be pretty. She was designed differently to the other eves; no one else looked like her.

#405 lilac hair, #387 amethyst eyes and pale skin. She had high eyebrows and soft features, and an hourglass body.

She knew there were others prettier than her. She was only ranked ten out of thirty, so it was inevitable.

megan was number one at the time. isabel should have been, but... she had caved. Grown weight. Too much weight.

mai should have been number one. At least in miho's eyes. mai was perfect.

#107 honey blonde hair, peach skin, and #389 lavender eyes – miho didn't care how close the colours were; mai's eyes were prettier. She was also far more on-point with make-up and clothes than the others were.

When the eves began to split between chastities, companions and concubines, it was obvious who was who.

The companions all wore prom dresses. Pale colours. Pastels. Dots and sparkles.

The concubines wore more revealing clothes. Tight skinny jeans. Red crop tops. Black bras under white shirts. Lots and lots of black and red. And make-up. Especially lipstick that made their lips pop.

There was only one chastity. agyness. She went with more conservative clothes than others. Loose jeans, loose t-shirts, hoodies; anything that made her look invisible.

miho found her own style leaning more towards the companion side of things. She wore turtleneck, short-sleeved t-shirts with plaid skirts a lot. Simple, clichéd clothing that boys seemed to like.

Not that she really cared what the boys liked.

No. No. Bad miho. She had to like it. She slapped her cheeks.

The night-time messages were the only sound aside from the smack.

Be good. Be pretty. Beauty is everything.

mai... mai had a different style. Leather. Leather white corsets, leather white boots, leather purple skirts and leather purple jackets. She wore sparse make-up that complimented her natural tones. The only thing she was excessive about was her lipstick.

miho sighed and turned on her side. The SleepSound should take effect soon. Hopefully.

She didn't like being kept awake by these thoughts. She wasn't meant to be focusing on girls. She was meant to be focusing on boys. And looking pretty for them. And being chosen by them.

She closed her eyes.

Chosen by them.

Chosen by them.

That's all that mattered.

Chosen by them.

Chosen by-

-DDLDHoW-  

miho hesitated at the classroom door. She had done her best to look better than usual today.

It was the last day of meeting with the Inheritants.

But she still found her gaze sliding over to mai. mai, laughing with the Inheritants. mai, smiling at them and assuring them that whoever they choose will make them happy. mai, flirtatiously twirling her hair and smiling at them.