xvii - Perfidy.

chapter song; beautiful pain - eminem [ft. sia]

a/n; so it's 3AM and i'm doing my homework #SchoolLyf, but i thought i'd post this for you. quick side note: this was written under the heavy influence of alcohol. lmao enjoy.

     Harry's voice bounced off the slate walls and echoed amongst the entire building until we heard the patter of footsteps. His gun was raised with the barrel pressed up right against my temple. My arms were completely useless as he had my wrists pinned behind me in a tight grasp, but I know that if I tried hard enough I would be able to escape his hold, yet he had the advantage with a loaded weapon so close to me.

     "What's going on?" Lark timidly asked with his arms crossed. His glare was still present but once he saw the gun to my head his brows raised with a head-tilt in confusion. "This... doesn't look right."

     "Damn right it doesn't!" Harry snapped, harshly pushing me onto a single seat by the front desk. I was surprised to see Savannah standing in between Lark and Ash, her skin was still sickly pale and her oversized shirt hung below her shoulders, but she was standing so it's slight improvement. However, right now she isn't the priority or the centre of attention. I turned my head in the direction of where a loud clank came from, seeing Harry slamming the unknown radio on the marble desk.

     "She's keeping a secret."

     "I am not!" I growled, ignoring the look of death Harry seemed to be giving me. "Instead of jumping to conclusions, why don't you just listen to me for one bloody second without any interruptions so I can tell you that I've never seen that radio in my life!"

     Harry's eyes widened as his nose began to twitch, and with a shake of his head said, "Then what do you presume, huh?! Where did this radio come from, my asshole?"

     "Given these circumstances I would say yes because you're so uptight, and for God's sake lower your gun!" I shouted, but he only ignored me and resumed to hold the gun up right.

     My gaze flickered to the other three, Ash was staring at the ground with his face held tight. I wanted to deny it all again, I wanted him to believe me because out of everyone he had the least trust in me. Yet that night when Harry convinced me to return he apologised and called me family, but seeing how betrayed and torn his expression is now saddened me. I wanted to call his name. To tell him to believe me, but I knew he wouldn't.

     Savannah's surprised eyes were widened once her stare was locked on the mysterious radio. She turned her head until we were staring at each other, silently pleading for her to believe me but she only shook her head and took the slightest step back. I bit my cheek in rejection once she turned her back towards me, hearing her sigh.

     Lark didn't stop shaking his head. Whether he was in denial or surprise, or maybe even both, bothered me because I didn't know which. His jaw dropped as I awaited for something, a response, a question, even an accusation, but nothing came but a quiet stammer.

     However, Harry's deep breaths were heard throughout the entire silent encounter. He began to rummage through drawers in the desk, running his palm over his face multiple times in sheer exhaustion.

     "Harry —" I whispered.

     "No!" He shouted, turning his head over his shoulder to look at me. His eyes blazed with fury and hatred that it almost made me want to cower away. "No..."

     I looked to the others, feeling the sting in my eyes. Not once have I shed a single tear since the time I've been with them, but right now I almost can't control it. Almost.