Ch. 17-this again?

Kaden's POV
The next day...
What I heard from my uncle was unacceptable, this just can't be true. He's even worse a liar then Jefferson," I thought as I walked down the hall. Going up the stone steps toward the library, a guard runs up to me panting, "your highness, your father is coming."
"Oh great, what does he want now?"
The guard bows and disappears down the steps as I halt at the wooden doors and tug at the iron handle. It opens revealing a massive amount of shelves stacked with books. Walking in, I walk to where the history section is and look down to see if their is anything of interest.
Walking past multiple books, I pass an old, black cover labeled "Genealogies and Ancestry." Removing it from the shelf, I mumble, " uncle can't be right about this. It's absurd."
My nose gets a whiff of the creamy, yellow pages as I flip through until I land on the Gardel line. Running my pointer finger along the page, I see my name in bold and smile. Turning a couple more pages, I reach the Cordovan royal family and shake my head. Closing the book, I raise my blue eyes as I hear footsteps in the area.
"Kaden."
I drop the book and it lands with a thud as I mockingly bow, "hello father."
The king of Terrasen acknowledges my presence, "of all the places, I find you here?"
I chuckle "surprised, are you?"
My father laughs and scratches his beard, "No. You in the mood for a hunt?"
I bite back a laugh, "father, you did know my weakness," as I walk toward the doors again.

   My father notices the book I dropped and picks it up. Heavy in his hands, he flips through until he slams the book shut and throws it across the floor.

  Emily's POV
Going back into Kaden's room, I spot a woman wearing a robe. She was sitting in a chair probably waiting for someone. My curiosity aroused me as I cleared my throat. She turns her head my way and frowns, "you're not Kaden."
Seeming disappointed, she sighs and gets up, "he's not coming is he?"
I tilt my head. "who are you exactly?"
She introduces herself as Catherine and I glance down her body "you look more like a whore to me."
She slaps me and looks at my eyes, "don't call me that! Miss?"
"Emily."

She manages a curtesy and tugs her blonde hair back, "He's probably on a hunt, if you'll excuse me," as she passes by me.
I move out of her way and hold my breath till she's gone. Disappearing down the hall, I sit on the bed and lay back "this can't be happening. I like him a lot and I promised myself I wouldn't fall for another guy."
A squeaky voice appears in the doorway "but you did."
He walks into the giant room and I sit up quickly "oh, Jefferson. What are you going here?"
He scratches his dark brown coat, "I'm just checking to see if you're adjusting to your new home."
I swallow and blink, "new home? What are you talking about?"
"He likes you, trust me."
"Where do I sleep??"
He chuckles, "we'll find a place for you. This is your castle after all."
   Looking confused, I sleepily say, "um, no it's not."
  Keeping his mouth shut, he walks out and closes the door behind me.

  Kaden's POV
The arrow lands in the girls back as I laugh.
"Nice shot Kaden," my father says next to me.
Hearing a thump, the lifeless body plummets toward the ground as I walk toward it. Watching the swaying of the trees, my father pulls his sword out and decapitates the body.
The dripping, dark red blood is fresh on his sword as I stare at the girl lying dead in front of me.
   "That was fun. Let's do it again."
My father, beside me laughs and pats my back, "that's my son." 
Killing 4 more people, I wipe my forehead and turn toward my father, "why are you really here ?"
   He sheathes his sword and rubs his hand on the grass to get the blood off, "your coronation is less than a week away and I think it's time you have the Gardel crown."
I throw a rock at a tree, "there's a Gardel crown? That's just stupid."
My father walks back toward the castle with his hands in his pockets "you will see next week my boy. But for now, remember this. There is no greater joy in life then to do what is right."
I shrug and follow a few steps behind him as the night breeze catches my cloak "to do a great right, do a little wrong."
Smirking to myself, I walk into the dim lit hallway and rub my neck.