Proposal // Derek

Part 3 to the voicemail series. This when you take back Derek because he's such a cutie why would you not?

You couldn't believe you were actually doing this but then again you were always a fool for him. What happened between the two of you broke you heart but once you recieved that voicemail of his it changed everything. Days on end all you could think of was the image of you and Derek getting married and having a family. After these days you finally plucked up enough courage to pick up your own phone and leave him a just as emotional voicemail as the one he left you.

Your hands were shaking as you knocked on the door of Derek's loft when the two of you were together you practically lived there, you never knew it but Derek was actually planning on asking you to move in but he never had the guts to. He had a fear you were going to reject him hence why he never proposed whilst you two were together.

After two or three knocks the door opened to reveal Derek, he looked just as handsome as he looked the last night you saw him.

"Hi." You said nervously lowering your head you to were scared of rejection. Even though he did send that voicemail you were scared that he might not take you back.

"Y/N come in please." Derek replied it sounded as if he was begging/pleading you to come in. You nodded your head still lowered as you walked into the loft.

"You might want to look up." Derek said lacing his fingers with yours. You did as he said because well you were curious. When you looked up you were met with sight of the loft lit up fairy lights, there was a table and two chairs in the middle of the room for the two of you to sit down at.

"I-t's beautiful." You stuttered still in awe of how charming Derek's loft looked like.

"Well not as beautiful as you." Although it was a cheesy line you blushed nonetheless. Derek secretly liked it when a blush creeped across your cheeks, he thought you looked adorable.

"Let's sit down and talk." Derek suggested and you nodded. Still holding his hand he led you over to the table where a single red rose stood. Derek pulled the chair out for you, you smiled as you sat down as he tucked you in. He sat down on the chair opposite, you could tell he was nervous and Derek wasn't a naturally nervous person.

"I love you Y/N and I'm such an idiot for pushing you away. I was just scared that something would happen to you I haven't really had much luck in the love department." This made you chuckle softly and Derek smiled because he adored your laugh. "I just need you to know that I see a future with us if that is what you want."

"Of course that is what I want that is all I've ever wanted." You replied and Derek got up from the table kneeling by your feet bring a ring out of his back pocket, you knew what was about to happen and you couldn't wait.

"I love you Y/N always and forever. I want to marry you, have kids with you and grow old with you. You are the only person who had been kind to me and showed me what true love is. I didn't think I could love anyone until I met you. You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen and I want you to be mine forever. So what do you say will you marry me?" Derek asked and you nodded tears blurring your vision.

Derek stood up before scooping you into his arms and placing the ring on your finger. He pressed a kiss to your lips.

"I love you Derek.

"I love you too Y/N."