10.

~Dark Lillie~ chapter ten

"Lillie she's crying, w-what do I do? did I hurt her?" Niall gushed frantically as he shakily tries putting Marley in her car seat. It was our first time taking her home from the hospital, so we were both a bit nervous and excited. especially Niall. He was afraid to pick her up and got terrified whenever she cried. I was in the bathroom getting changed when he called this out.

"She's okay Ni, just but her in there and rock her or something. I'll be out in a sec." I call back trying to be quick. I was so sore and tired though. But I knew Niall would probably have a panic attack or something if I didn't hurry. I knew he would eventually get comfortable with her though. He was just so afraid of hurting her or something. I finish changing and step out to see Niall gently rocking Marley in her car seat, singing? I've never ever heard Niall sing. He wasn't bad actually.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night," he sang hushed to her. "Take these broken wings and learn to fly, blackbird fly." He seemed to finally notice he had an audience. He blushed and looked back down to Marley who was not crying anymore, but sleeping.

"Wow Ni, didn't know you could sing." I say smirking. He chuckles.

"Yeah, its cuz I can't."

"Well Marley seemed to enjoy it. So did I."

"yeah, I guess so. Ha could u imagine, me, a professionally singer." He laughs at the thought. I giggle with him. It would be odd to imagine. ;)

Niall's P.O.V

We finally get home but it took us a bit longer then usual since I was driving so slow. But I wasn't going to take any risks. Not with Marley with us. I look over to Lil to see her passed out. She was exhausted poor thing. So I decided not to wake her. She needed as much rest as possible. So I got Marley out of the car and set her in the living room, then went for Lillie. I laid her down in our room and gently kissed her forehead before heading back down for Marley. When I went to pick her up from her carrier she wasn't there. Panic shot threw me like an electrical surge. Where the hell was she?! She couldn't have just walked away! My body starts shaking as I look around the house for her. My newborn daughter. Great only I could do something like this. Something didn't feel right though. My instincts kicked in and I had a feeling I wasn't alone. I reenter the dark living room running my fingers threw my hair. Just then a lamp flickers on and there sits my brother with my daughter in his hands. My fists ball up and my jaw clenches down hard.

"She's beautiful Niall. Great job. You and Lillie both." He says cooing down at Marley.

"What the fuck Greg, What are you doing here?" I snap feeling anger scratching hard.

"What? I can't visit my baby brother anymore?"

"not when the police are still looking for you. I'm trying to start new Greg. I have a kid now and I will not put her through what Lillie went through."

"Calm down I'm not here to start trouble."

"Then why are you here?"

"Well firstly I wanted to see my only niece, " He looks down at her again and I feel my protective instinct over take me.

"Give her to me," I growl. He looks up at me hurt and holds her more snuggly to him.

"I'm not going to hurt a baby Niall. Especially my little brothers kid."

"Greg jus-"

"Don't you want to know the other reason why I'm here?" he cuts me off. I sigh. I mean I kind of did to be honest.

"What's the other reason?" He smirks.

"Mom and dad are in town."

"What? Why?"

"They know you had a baby."

My head snaps up at him as darkness darts in my eyes.

"And how the hell did they exactly find out about that Greg?" I already knew the answer. And so did he. He just sighs.

"Had to get them off my back mate sorry,"

"Dammit Greg! Now there gonna find out about Lillie to!"

"Sorry."

"Get out. Give me my daughter and get out." I coldly rasp at him. He just sighs and gets up handing me Marley.

"You can't keep them a secret forever Niall." He says at the doorway. "You cant protect them from everything."

I hold my baby a little closer to me as he says this.

"I can sure as hell try." I say closing the door on him.