42.

"You still haven't told me why the hell your here?" Niall's voice spoke sharply but still quietly.

"First of all I can check on you if I want. Secondly, I didn't come alone..."

A familiar voice replied back just as sharply. Greg. Niall’s brother.

"What do you mean?"

Silence.

"Please tell me they’re not here.”

More silence.

"Goddammit…why?"

"They heard about you Niall. When you get in trouble a lot word tends to spread."

"They can’t be here! Not now-not with Lillie here!"

"Well it’s a bit to late for that."

I can feel Niall’s grip around me tighten a bit and even with my eyes close I could sense how tense he was. What was he so worried about? Why was Greg here?

"Where are they?" He spoke finally.

"Outside, in the waiting room. They want to see you."

"Okay-Okay, let me take care of her first though okay? Can you stall them?"

 There was some shuffling then silence.

"Lillie? Babe wake up," Niall speaks softly right above my ear.

"Who’s here? Who wants to talk to you?" I say looking at him. He sighs.

"Nobody you have to worry about."

"Niall…no more secrets, remember?" He takes another moment before answering.

"My parents are here."

I look at him a bit puzzled. He made it sound like the fucking mafia was here but it was just his parents? I mean I didn’t know too much about them, only that when Niall started getting into serious drugs when he was younger they kicked him out. So I wasn’t really understanding his concern.

"Is that…bad?"

Before he could answer there was noise by the door. We both turn our heads and have different reactions to the sight. Niall’s being a bit more extreme then mine led me to believe that the man and woman at the door were his parents. Even if he didn’t seem incredibly intense by there presence and that didn’t give it away, it didn’t take a genius to know who these people were. Niall took such dominant features from them it was ludicrous to even think they weren’t related.

"Niall," His mother spoke softly.

He didn’t say anything. I had kind of forgotten that I was basically wrapped around him until both of his parents turned there stares at me. Automatically I untangle myself from him, feeling a bit nervous now.

"Who’s this?" She says without taking her eyes off me.

Again, no answer from Niall. Just staring draggers. This time I look to him.
His look was sharp and he had his eyes on them closely. When he feels me turn to him he looks to me. I couldn't read his look. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Which worried me.

"Lillie, go find Zayn and stay with him." He says in a low voice.

"This is Lillie?" His dad says. Niall presses himself closer to me and glares at him.

"Do as I say Lillie."

He wasn't messing around. Something was going on and it wasn't good. I do as he says though, awkwardly making my way around his parents as they stared at me. I make my way down to the cafeteria where I knew Ashton would be.