Part 2: The First Call

I'm not even going to do an authors note. :)

Pat sat in his chair, flipping his pen anxiously around his fingers. His friend Benji had conflicted him, and now he didn't know what he should think. He'd always been a goodie-goodie, always been trusted by his parents, and never had his parents been utterly disappointed in him. When Benji had wanted him to ask his parents about going to the party, he told him he was worried they would say no and ask too many questions, but really he was worried they would say yes. They could always trust Pat, so if he asked them to go they would say yes, with no questions. This might seem like what he wanted, but strangely it wasn't; he wasn't like Benji. Pat knew that if he went to that party, Benji would convince him to do something bad and the trust with his parents would be broken. 

Yet, at the same time Pat thought, "I'm the most popular guy in school, why shouldn't I be rebellious?". He knew he shouldn't let his reputation get to his head, but Benji had a pretty convincing argument. He could have any girl he wanted, yet here he sat inside his room, alone. why should he let his parents keep him from being a normal teenager?

Pat shook his head fiercely. He shouldn't be thinking these things, he shouldn't even consider using his popularity to his advantage.

Pat picked up his phone bored, and scrolled through instagram pictures. He saw pictures of girls in his class posing in the chaotic center of the party, smiling, attempting to show off their maturity. But the photos did quite the opposite. Pat slapped the phone against his desk, and sat back in his chair, running his hand through his hazel hair.

"Pat? Hey, can you come down, we have something to tell you!" Pat's mom called up to him.

He stood, and stumbled down the stairs, his white converse sneakers slapping the wood. He met his parents, arms around each other, smiling, like the world was a perfect place. His head began pounding, thinking about another conflict that seemed to always lurk his brain.  He dismissed the feeling, and turned his attention to his parents.

"So..." his mom started, turning to smile at his dad.

"We are taking a little trip to the Caribbean Islands, and we are trusting you not to burn down the house, okay? We will be gone for a month and a half, and we will miss you so much! We decided you didn't need a babysitter, and decided to trust you with the house and such. However don't be alarmed if Aunt Bethana comes to check in, you know how she is," Pat's mother finished, a wide smile fixed upon her young face.

Pat's mother was a beautiful Vietnamese woman, who was the most loving yet tough woman Pat ever knew. His father was a tall Italian man, who was an amazing cook. Pat loved them dearly, but they weren't always the best with  having serious conversations.

"Go, you lovebirds, have fun. I'll be fine," Pat weakly stated, waving his arm gently towards the door. Pat smiled but grimaced at the same time. His parents were too oblivious to notice, and Pat was slightly thankful for that. It made him more independent, self sufficient without his parents checking his every move.

His parents smiled, and left him in his peace, left him with his thoughts. He decided to call his friend Ian, who wasn't as close to him as Benji was, but he would help distract him from his inner crisis.

*********AT THE COFFEE SHOP**********

"So Pat, how is it going? Whats up dude? I haven't seen you in like forever!"

"I'm good Ian, just excited for break; I can't believe it's only in a week! A whole month of no school.

"I know! No tests, no projects, nothing. It's heaven I'm telling you!"

One Dark Roast and One Mocha!

"Oh, that's us, I'll get it, you rest Pat," *Ian winks*

(Ian speaks again) "I can't believe you like black roast, how do you even swallow that? Personally, I like sweeter stuff"

"I can tell," *Pat chuckles*

Ringggggg Ringggggggg Ringggggggggg Ringgggggggggg Ringggggggggggg

"Oh sorry Ian, can I take this for a minute?"

"Sure thing. I'm going to get a croissant."

*************Pat on the phone*****************

"Hello, do you know who I am?"

"Should I? I-I'm sorry, I don't recognize your voice"

"Sharp memory huh? Polite too. Hm. Strange. Prank calls? Really? I'm just confused now"

"Wait, your the--uh---"

"The one you prank called, great work Sherlock. Anyway, inform me on why you seem pretty polite, and not too dumb but you pulled the ol' prank call. Explanation please."

"I-uh- I'm not sure. Wait, why are you calling me?"

"It's a Thursday afternoon, I'm bored, I'm tired, so hell why not call you. Anyway, why did you steep so low as to prank call someone? Heh. I feel like those annoying interviewers."

"I dunno... I mean, my friend was bored so I just did something to entertain him. Didn't work, and only gained me a very weird stalker."

"Uh! Meanie!! But Wow. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry dude, but if you have to entertain your friends to get them to like being with you then that's.... sad. Hate to break it to ya, but friends are meant to just like being in your presence."

"Yeah, yeah. Why are you even lecturing me? I don't even know you!"

"I can see your taking my words to heart. I appreciate it. And again, I am talking to you because I'm BORED. TIRED. EXHAUSTED. DONE WITH SCHOOL."

"Hey, vacation is in a week, so that's good!"

"TOO LONG. UGHHHHH."

"It's not that long, I mean, come on, think of how many weeks you've lived!"

"Not enough I guess. And on a side note, I hate your positivity. I'm a pessimist, and the optimist is never it's friend."

"Guess since I'm not your friend you'll have to hang up."

"Guess so! Call you later my gross positive non-friend!"

"Bye-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Well, that was interesting. Better get back to Ian."

A/N: HIIIIII!!! I loved writing this, sorry it took so long! I didn't do all dialogue this time, but for the most part this story will be almost all dialogue. I hope you see a good storyline developing, any edits, comments, and VOTES are appreciated!!! <3 Byez