Part 3: Almost There

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't been writing lately, I've been really busy. But now, I am excited and ready to write and update more often! Thank you , whoever you are, for reading my story!!!! Comments and votes appreciated. Now, on to the story!

"NO MORE SCHOOL!!!"

"Who's this?"

"Take a guess, any guess."

"Oh, you."

"Arent you happy to see me, Mr.Positive."

"Haha. Funny. I'm not really in the mood to deal with your crap."

*gasps* "How dare you! What even is my crap, anyway? You know, your the one who prank called me in the first damn place. But hey, if you want to sit in loneliness without my wonderful ideas and conversational talk than fine. I'll leave."

"Your not planning on ever leaving me alone now , are you?"

"Bingo. Now, tell me about your pathetic little life Mr.Positive. What are you planning to do over vaca?"

"Don't call me that."

"Don't call you what, my little optimist?"

"Ugh. Damn you."

"Guess your not very happy today, huh? OH OH OH WAIT!!! I have a new nickname for you Mr.Positive!!!! Guess what it is?"

"I have no idea. Just, whatever it is please keep it to yourself because I'm not-"

"MR.GRUMPY ELF!!!!"

"Can it get worse than that? Why, why, did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?"

"My guess is, you are looking up at the ceiling, hoping someone will answer your urgent, quiet hurtful questions, but knowing no one gives a crap. Anyone, now that that's cleared up, answer my question!"

"You sure are funny, aren't ya?'

"I've been called that. But I've also been called an annoying butthead, by my cousin should you know, so I'm not sure what's true anymore."

"Alrighty then. Glad to know the information you give me is always quite useful."

"Yes, yes, isn't that reassuring? Anyway, what the friggin' hell are you doing over vacation?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"OH MY GOD. JUST TELL ME ALREADY."

"Fine. I don't know. My parents are gone so I have the house to myself and my aunt is coming to check on me occasionally, so basically I'm just hanging out. That's it. Happy now?"

"Very. Call me if you have a party, and fill me in on all the gossip!! That reminds me how much fun watching a catfight is. *sigh* I remember, way back when, Jessica Robins punched Rebe-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hold it right there sugar, I am not having any parties. No way."

"SUGAR?!! What the hell did you just #$%@&%$ call me? No no no. You are never allowed to call me anything but... well nothing! Got it?"

"But you call me things so why-"

"Hold it right there cowboy. I am allowed to call you things, I mean duh!!! But you, on the other hand, are never allowed to call me names. Unless you want to get beat to a pulp and than drank like #$%$%#& orange juice. Got it this time?"

"Geez, okay, okay. Chill."

"Good. Anyway... if I recall what you said earlier, YOU ARENT GOING TO HAVE A PARTY?? Like, what?? Your parents aren't home, they trust you, and well, quite honestly, you sound like a rich pretty boy, so why not?? Am I right?"

"Look, I have my parents trust and I plan on keeping it, so that's why I'm not having a party. Simple enough?"

"No. That's not it. There must be another reason..." (she furrows her brow in concentration)

"Here we go."

"Wait. I think I understand now! You are a rich nerd who no one likes. Ordinarily you would want to have a party to gain friends, but your smart enough to know that they would just use you for your money. Am I right?"

"Not even close princess."

"What the hell did I say about nicknames and me, buddy? Remember now, don't ya?"

"Right."

"Anyway... I'll figure you out one day Mr.Positive."

*sigh* "Okay, good luck with that. What're you doing for vacation?"

"Nothing. Just working."

"Oh, where do you work?"

"Oh well, guess what, I don't think I'm going to tell you. Don't need anyone bothering me on the job."

"Seriously, where do you work? I'd like to meet the person I've been teased by for the last few weeks."

"Yeah, not going to happen. So , go find someone else to bother."

"I feel like I've heard that phrase before *cough* *cough* from you *cough*"

"I wonder."

"Okay then, where do you work?"

"Nowhere."

"Is that a restaurant or..."

"Haha, funny."

"I know, I've been called that before."

"I get it, your mocking me because I said that to you earlier on in the conversation. Very funny Mr.Positive. But no way are you going to find out where I work. Just not going to happen."

"Tomorrow will you tell me?"

"No promises my little optimist."

"Guess that's all I'm going to get, huh?"

"Yep. Anyway, before I hang up on you, let me remind you of how terribly grumpy you were in the beginning of this call. Remember?"

"..."

"And now you feel better, right? I'm a magician. I'll leave you at that. BYEEEEE."

"Ok, bye-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Pat laid the burning hot phone down on his eggshell white desk, and looked up at the ceiling. He thought about this mystery girl who had been calling him the past few weeks about absolutely nothing. He thought about her stupid nicknames for him. He thought about her last words.

And he smiled.

Maybe she was a magician.

Maybe.

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! I hope you liked it, comment if you have any suggestions or critiques. Check for updates soon! Bye! <3 <3 <3