Chapter 1: New High School

It was the brunette's first day of high school. He cautiously opened the doors of Gravity Falls High. His family was new to the small town and he was a little more than nervous to be there. His twin sister, Mabel, had already ran off to make new friends. Dipper, on the other hand, wasn't so social. In fact, he hardly left his online chat rooms. Just recently he had met some weird guy online. He called himself Cipher.

Pine Tree: so you live in Gravity Falls then?

Cipher: yeah my family's been living here for years

Cipher: a lot of weird shit goes down in this town and no one seems to notice

Cipher: you said you were moving here soon right?

Cipher: maybe we'll finally be able to meet each other!

Pine Tree: but how will I know it's you?

Cipher: don't sweat it!

Cipher: you'll know it's me when you see me!

Cipher: I have super blond hair and I wear an eyepatch

Cipher: it'll be pretty hard to miss me

Pine Tree: alright. I'll wear a hat with a pine tree on it

Pine Tree: after all, that hat's the reason my username is pine tree.

Cipher: sweet! I can't wait to make your acquaintance irl!

Cipher: gtg my mom's calling me

Cipher: see ya at school pine tree...

And that had been their last conversation. Dipper took a sharp breath and entered the school. He was wearing his blue and white pine tree hat just like he had promised Cipher. So where was the other boy? A blond with an eyepatch. Dipper glanced around as he made his way to home room. He took his seat with a sigh of defeat. He hadn't spotted Cipher.

Maybe he was just pulling my leg...

The bell rang, startling the boy. The teacher introduced herself and started asking students to stand up and introduce themselves.

"I want you to give your name and something you like to do." Dipper suddenly glanced over at the door as it creaked open and a blond wearing an eyepatch stepped in. He was tall and lanky. His hair looked like it was bleached and yet somehow Dipper doubted it was. The strange-looking blond glanced over everyone before spotting Dipper. His grin widened and he walked over to sit beside him.

"Why don't you introduce yourself." The teacher suggested as the blond fell into his seat. He frowned for a moment and stood back up. "Give your name and something you like to do."

"My name is Bill Cipher. I like watching humans." He sat back down. A few kids whispered until the teacher called on someone else. Soon it was Dipper's turn.

"Um, m-my name's D-Dipper Pines. My hobby is s-surfing the Internet." The brunette quickly sat back down and nervously bit down on his lip. Everyone, including Cipher must think he's such an idiot after that performance. Once everyone had been introduced the teacher explained a few basic rules and she let the kids loose to chat. Bill immediately turned to face Dipper, his grin never wavering.

"Dipper, you must be Pine Tree. Am I right?" He asked, leaning forward a bit. Dipper felt his heart beat speed up in his chest and his face flush a little red. There was no doubt about it, the boy sitting across from Dipper was definitely handsome. Even though he looked scrawny, one could easily tell the blond was fit and maybe even worked out a bit. Plus, the eyepatch covering his right eye definitely added some mystery to him. "My name is Bill Cipher. I like watching humans." Those words rang in Dipper's head.