Chapter Thirteen.

"What do you mean? Because you were supposed to watch her?" He asked.

"No, because....King called me and I told him when to do the drive by."

"What the hell?!" He sat up and she copied his action.

"I didn't mean for Iris to get hurt, Kings men can't shoot worth shit and they missed Wolf."

Demon rolled from the bed, pulling up his pants from around his ankles and grabbing his belt. He began getting dressed almost in a panic.

"I....how could you?" He asked finally.

"I screwed up, I never would have put Iris or Morgan at risk."

"Iris could have been killed, she was shot in the chest Lacy!"

"I know! That's exactly why I had to leave."

"If Wolf finds out....if he even suspects..."He trailed off, but he really didn't need to finish.

She wiped the tears from her eyes, and pushed her hair back. She drew he knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them.

"I wanted to help you, so bad." Demon said.

"You can't help me."

He paused in getting dressed, then shrugged on his jacket. She didn't try to stop him but she pulled her legs closer to her body.

"Why? Lacy?" He asked softly.

"Does it matter?" She asked, not looking at him.

"No, not anymore."

He turned for the door and was almost there when she called out to him, he froze with his back to her.

"Demon?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise me something?"

"What?"

"Don't let it be Raphael."

"I can't promise that, you know I can't."

"I just....I want buried next to my mom."

He didn't say anything, couldn't find the words to deal with her betrayal or the new information he was given. He opened the door and left her alone, naked, in her apartment.

He didn't remember driving to the club but all of a sudden he was parking in his spot and walking towards the doors. Lacy had almost killed Iris, tried to kill Wolf. Any chance there was of saving her now was gone.

He stepped into the club and his dog ran from her spot on the floor to meet him, he reached down to pat her on the head and allow her to lick his hand.

"We were getting worried," Ty said from where he was shooting pool with one of the younger members.

"I was busy."

"Yeah, it looks like it." Ty said.

Demon had no doubt that his neck was covered in teeth marks and bruises. He didn't have the energy to care as he headed towards his room, his dog following faithfully behind him. He was tired and confused, all he wanted was a hot shower and some time alone to think.

He was walking down the hall towards his room when Zekes door swung open, rattling everything on the wall outside.

"Screw you! I've done everything I can to help you, you'd be dead if not for me!" Becky yelled.

"I'd rather one of us be dead then stuck in this damn room with you one more day!"

Demon stopped just as Becky stormed out of Zekes room, nearly running into him. She froze and then glanced back at Zeke.

"Sorry," She said to Demon before brushing passed him and hurrying out the hallway.

Zeke reached his doorway a few seconds after she was gone, he was still limping and had to hold on to the framework to stand up right.

"Should you be up?" Demon asked.

"I'm.....fine," Zeke said, obviously struggling.

"You need to rest, go back to bed."

"Becky hasn't let me out of bed since I got home. I want to help."

"You cant help anyone if you over do it," Demon pointed out.

Zeke leaned more heavily against the door frame, trying to take a deep breath. His cracked ribs always preventing him from taking a full lungs worth of air.

"Let me help you,"Demon said, moving towards him.

Though Zeke was a full head taller than Demon and more than a few pounds heavier, Demon still had to help him stay upright as he maneuvered him into his room. He led him to his bed and helped him ease into it, despite his protests it was obvious that Zeke was completely exhausted.

"Becky is only trying to help," Demon said.

"She should be helping Ty, not wasting her time here."

"Ty is hungover, he's going to be fine. You're the one who nearly died in prison."

"And I'm going to be fine."

"In time with rest, Becky cares about you. Let her help you, okay?"

"How are things with Lacy?" Zeke asked, effectively changing the subject.

"They're....a mess," Demon admitted.

"Looks like you did more than talk," Zeke motioned to the bite marks on Demons neck.

"We....uh, well....."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into. Wolf will kill her, if it's justified."

"It is," Demon admitted.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, not right now. I just, need time to think."

"Do you think it's time to call in Raphael?"

"Maybe," Demon admitted.

Zeke gave him a sympathetic look but it was obvious he was growing sleepy. Demon stood, needing sleep just as badly as Zeke did.

"I'll let you rest," Demon said.

Zeke made a dismissive gesture and Demon excused himself from the room, he walked wearily to his own room and kicked off his shoes. Closing the door behind him he stripped off his jacket and collapsed onto his bed.

His head hurt and his chest ached, he was torn between loyalty to Lacy and his club. He wasn't sure which he would choose or how he'd ever pick but it was quickly becoming obvious he was going to have too and soon.