Chapter Seventeen.

Picture provided is of Lacy.

Lacy woke up first, she rolled over in the bed to face Demon who was still sleeping deeply. She wanted to stay there, in that bed with him forever but she knew she couldn't. She couldn't afford for King to come looking for her and find her there, with Demon.

She rolled from the bed and carefully covered him with the blankets. She picked up her clothes from the floor and pulled them on silently, carrying her shoes to the door. She paused outside the door, leaning against it for a minute. Then she pulled on her shoes and walked away.

She reached her bike a few blocks away, hidden behind a dumpster. She swung on and glanced back at his building and convinced herself one more time that she was making the right choice.

She rode through town, to where King was hiding out and parked along the street. She walked passed the guards easily, they trusted her because they knew she had nowhere else to go, not anymore.

"Lacy, there you are!" King called from behind his large desk.

"King."

"Where have you been? You're barely around anymore."

"I've been busy, it's not easy being on the run from your own club."

"We're your club now Lacy."

She shrugged off her jacket and sat down in the chair across Kings desk. He looked at her and she stared back, lifting her chin. She couldn't let him know she had just been with Demon.

"So?" King asked.

"So, what?"

"You know what, have you seen him?"

"No."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"I told you, before I left the Animals. I haven't seen him since."

He stood and walked slowly around the desk, sitting in a chair near her. He leaned over and put his and on her upper thigh and she resisted the urge to flinch.

"See, I'm just having a hard time believing you."

"I haven't seen him."

"He hasn't reached out to you? At all?"

"No."

"That's bullshit, you were partners," He said.

"And I betrayed him, do you really think he wants to talk to me? If he catches me he will kill me."

"I still just don't know that I believe you," His hand trailed higher.

She finally broke and she outwardly flinched before shoving his hand off of her leg.

"Don't touch me," She said.

"Why? Why not?" He put his hand back.

"I said don't."

She squirmed but he continued to press, grabbing at her legs and when she shoved at his hands he slid his hands up her arms. She finally was forced to get out of the chair and walk a few feet away.

"You used to let me touch you," King pointed out.

"That was years ago, I was stupid and young."

"Look, I trust you. It's just the guys, ever since Mitch was killed going after Demon they're not sure they trust you."

"I told you, I waited downstairs with the bikes. Mitch went after Demon alone when I heard the gunshots I got the hell out. Demon shot him."

"Demon shot Mitch?"

"Yes."

"You know what happens to the men who kill ours."

She didn't say anything, and he put his hand back on her thigh. She let it remain there this time as he leaned in closer to her.

"I'll let it go this time, but just this once and only for you."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me, when this war finally comes to a head I'm going to kill anyone who gets in my way. That includes Demon and it includes you, do you understand?"

"I understand."

"Good girl," He squeezed her leg, hard enough it hurt and that she knew it was on purpose. She didn't wince of flinch this time, didn't want him to have the satisfaction.

"Go on, get out of here." He gave a nod in the direction of the door.

She scrambled from her chair and out the door without even a backward glance at King. She debated warning Demon, almost reached for her phone to text him but in the end she didn't. She wasn't ready to reach out yet, she needed more time.