Chapter Eight

Aly was on her  way out when she was stopped by Chase.

"One last thing before you go, I'm going to have to ask that you spend the weekend at my place. There are some final touches to be added to the document regarding our meeting with Livingston Corp. Their team had postponed the meeting but a date wasn't set so they can call to arrange that meeting any day this week and I'd prefer if we were prepared. Livingston Corp is a major client, we need to impress them"

Aly couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her long awaited weekend had finally arrived and her boss wanted her to spend it working? Not that she had plans because Nate was still MIA and Mandy wasn't back as yet but at least she'd have time to relax and do things at her pace.

"I could just take the bus to and from your place each day"

"That would just be a waste of time Alyssa, and money. You said it yourself, you live far, you don't have a car and you have student loans to pay off... See where I'm going with this? The sooner we start the sooner we can finish" and the further from that "Nice guy" I can keep you.

As much as she hated the fact that he was right, she had to admit his points were valid. She'd have to take three buses there which is time consuming and taxi which would be quicker would cost her money she couldn't spare at this point.

"Fine, I'll stay over"

"Good, Carter can take you to collect your stuff on our way home. Let's go"

"Tonight?" Aly was still in disbelief.

"Yes Ms Laurence, tonight...if we leave this evening that is".

Though this wasn't like a 'date night ' stay,  Aly still felt uneasy being in her boss' apartment. Weekend bag in hand, Alyssa walked quietly behind Chase as he showed her to her room for the next three nights.

"This is your room, your private bathroom is through that door. Mine is just down the hall. Get settled in then come have dinner, Doris my housekeeper should finish up in another ten minutes or so"

"Thanks" Aly smiled nervously.

Picking up her phone she dialed Mandy's number but it went to voicemail. She quickly sent a message saying she hoped all was well and she had so much to tell her. Putting the phone to charge, Aly went to the bathroom to get freshened up.

The bathroom was pure white from tiles to cabinets. Stepping into the luxurious enclosed shower, Aly got lost in the warm cascading water as it caressed her skin inch by inch.

Remembering dinner would be waiting, Aly quickly dried off and slipped into her Victoria's Secret PINK grey pajama pants with its matching tank top and black flip flops then made her way to the kitchen.

Dinner which consisted of mashed potatoes, steak and a delicious homemade gravy was waiting along with Chase who looked sinfully sexy in dark blue silk pajama bottoms and a white T shirt; Wanton Aly was getting a thoroughly enjoyed treat.

After dinner, Aly volunteered to tidy up dishes, relieving Doris of the task she graciously accepted before retreating to her quarters for the night. Chase who had left to 'prepare the documents for work' told Aly to meet him in his study after dinner but after waiting a bit longer than he'd expect her to be, he made his way to find her and was pleasantly surprised to see Aly busying herself at the sink.

She didn't seem to have sensed his presence as she showed no indications of such so he quietly leaned against the kitchen island and watched her as she worked still oblivious to his presence.
Unable to hold back any longer Chase broke the silence.
"You know I had a dishwasher installed for a reason right?"  Amusement was plastered across his face.