Chapter Eleven

It was the morning after the  function and Ally was enjoying her Sunday morning rest, however she was disturbed when the  vibration from her phone woke her  from deep slumber, groaning miserably she fished it from under her pillow.

"Hello?" She answered groggily without checking the caller ID.

"Ms Laurence, may I have a copy of that document I had emailed to you for corrections?" The sound of her boss' voice echoed through the phone's speaker.

"Uhm...yeah I'll email it to you later in the day".

"Actually I need it now. Hardcopy"

   His tone said there was no place for an argument so Aly sighed in frustration and agreed to delivering the document to him in about an hour by which time she'd expect him to send her his address.

   The line went dead, signaling the end of their call, once again her temper flared,at least this time it had officially returned from Oahu.  

Aly looked at the clock and it blinked 6:03am. Groaning she made her way to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready.

   Chase didn't need that file but he couldn't think of another way to present his idea. The past few days have been awkward between them so he was hoping to adjust that even  slightly today.

   What was he possibly doing with a file at six in the morning? That document was for a meeting two weeks away, Chase was up to something and unfortunately for him Aly was in no mood for games.

    As it was still early she figured it would be chilly so she pulled on jeans, a long sleeve top and her  trusty converse. This was no date or outing that required any fashion coordination so to hell with appearance and since she had no intentions of being out long, Aly  opted out of breakfast, got into her black oversized hoodie then picked up her bag with her keys, purse, phone and a folder with the file required and made her way to the bus stop.

  Her judgments proved right, it was cold and damp outside, luckily the bus was on time despite it being a Sunday.

  The intended destination was a neighborhood called Serenity Heights, a place she knew of but wasn't quite familiar with as she had only ever passed by the area.

   Three damn bus rides away, and a total of thirty minutes travel. Taxi or personal car would be  five minutes but as she neither had money to pay a taxi or a car, she had to make herself comfortable on the bus.

   Getting off the last bus, Aly  looked at the text sent to her earlier to get the exact street name and number.

"Ivory Towers, 6 Serenity Heights, top floor #803" she repeated to herself as she looked around the place.

    Ten minutes later Aly stopped in front of an apartment complex with the name
Ivory Towers written on a large decorative stone standing amidst a fountain surrounded by flowers and shrubs of all types and colors.

   She entered the building and after stating her business and intended destination, the receptionist who was obviously made aware of her arrival gave her directions and she was on way after thanking her. 

   Aly finally got to the intended floor and finding that suite wouldn't be a challenge, it was the only one there; of course Mr Big shot would reside in a penthouse suite at the top of the building.

Rolling her eyes at his cockiness Aly walked up to the door and knocked. It only took two knocks before a lady who looked about sixty dressed in a black and white uniform opened the door.

"Ah you're here  Ms Alyssa, Good morning dear, Mr Callaghan is expecting you, please come in" she said with a smile.

She stepped aside to let Aly in as she returned the greeting.

Aly entered the luxurious suite awed by the size of it, her entire apartment could fit in just the living room.

"Please make yourself comfortable, Mr Callaghan will be with you shortly, if you need anything please let me know, I'll be in the kitchen"  Doris disappeared leaving her in the same spot.

Aly didn't really look around much last time she was here as she was mostly in her room,so she decided to do so now.

Either Chase really liked white or he needed to reconsider his interior designer.

White walls, white tiles, black Persian rug and a combination of both for furniture. 

What caught Aly's eyes most from her first visit  was a grand piano that stood in a corner that had floor to ceiling windows offering a breathtaking view of outside.

Ever since she was younger, Aly had always wanted to play the piano but didn't get around to it seeing how life turned out so it remains uncrossed on bucket list along with a ton of other things ranging from over the top crazy to fairly acceptable.

Curiously she walked over to the beautiful instrument while admiring its glistening black polished surface.

For a minute she closed her eyes and imagined what it would have been like to be on stage playing melodious tunes one after the other while her mom and dad sat up front watching her and beaming with pride then hearing applauses and praises from a satisfied crowd.

After all, we are all free to dream right? Smiling to herself and at the thought of her having a family, Aly walked over to the window and indulged in the view. She could see herself living in a place like this one day but she was still thankful for her place; it was no five star penthouse but she had a roof over her head regardless.

It was nearing eight and still no sign of Chase. The sooner he came, the sooner she'd be able to get back home and sort things out with Nate.

Immediately she remembered she didn't reply to his message. Now he must really think that she was an ass.

Aly took her  phone out and opened their conversation then began to type.

  Good morning :) thank you so much for understanding, I'd like to make it up to you and make you dinner it can be my place or yours... If you want to that is though and whichever makes you  comfortable. I'm really sorry again :(

X Ally.

Aly hit send and hoped he'd reply and accept her offer. Still unable to get her mind off it, she walked back to the piano and admired it some more.

"Maybe we can arrange for a few sessions" a male voice spoke from behind her startling her a bit.

Looking around she was left more than startled.