chapter 1

Cherry, Atticus, Mo, Felicity, Estelle, Akito, Vincent, Forte, and Simon were traveling to Africa. Cherry, Atticus, and Mo wore their Equestrian medallions they had earned during their high school days. After telling their children about them, they were traveling on a brisk cool day in the jungle as there were animals gathering. Today was a very special day in the Pridelands and they were specifically invited to attend this ceremony.

"This is so exciting." Akito smiled.

"All right, you kiddos ready?" Mo asked.

"Oh, yes!" Estelle beamed.

"All right, get set." Cherry said as she set Simon down on the ground next to his big sister and cousins.

"Can't wait to see the new members of the royal family." Vincent said.

Cherry, Atticus, and Mo activated their Equestrian medallions which made them glow.

In a flash of bright light, they were all suddenly lions and lionesses.

"All right, follow us." Mo told the kids as she remembered the way to Pride Rock with Cherry, Atticus, and Forte.

"Mom, why are we lions and lionesses?" Estelle asked.

"And how did we get out of our Pokeball?" Larvitar asked after coming out of its pokeball after the medallions activated.

"One: We're going to Pride Rock and we should be lions in order to blend in with the others who aren't Nala and Simba, and second, I don't know how you got out of your Pokeballs." Mo replied.

"Do the lions and lionesses not trust humans?" Teddy asked.

"They trust us, but it's best we stay as lions until we're alone with Nala and Simba." Atticus said.

"Okay..." the Pokemon shrugged with their trainers.

Cherry bent down and picked up Simon in her mouth, carrying him by the fur on his neck like many lions did with their young. "Come on, we better get moving." she alerted while muffling.

"Alright." the kids AKA lion cubs said.

"Come on, let's go." Mo advised.

They all then followed out as the winds gently blew as they were on their way to Pride Rock.

"I hope it's not far." Teddy said.

"Don't worry, Mom and Dad will get us there in one piece." Estelle soothed her Pokemon in a maternal tone of voice.

"Yay!" Teddy cheered.

"So, what does this Pride Rock look like?" Vulpix asked.

"By the way, how can a rock be proud?" Larvitar asked. "It's a rock."

Akito laughed a little. "Well, actually, they call a group of lions a 'pride'."

"That's right." Mo smiled.

"Ohh, so since the lions live there, it's called Pride Rock." Larvitar smiled.

"Yeah." Akito smiled back.

"I guess that makes sense..." Larvitar said.

"Are the hyenas still here?" Misdreavus asked.

"Hard to say, I thought they all died after Scar's defeat." Cherry shrugged.

"You're probably right." Forte said.

They kept walking along. There were other animals coming to Pride Rock as Simba and Nala stood out with Rafiki.sum