chapter 8

The next few days were quite an experience, especially with Kion and Bunga finally able to catch and meet the cheetah cub while she was resting after running for while. Simba decided soon enough to tell Kiara about everything the light touches being their kingdom like he did with Kopa. However, it was hard when Kion and Bunga were playing around one time and kind of making nuisances of themselves.

"Kion!" Kopa glared.

Kiara looked very annoyed with her younger brother.

"Oops, sorry, Dad, sorry, Kopa, we were playing 'Baobob Ball'." Kion told them.

"And Kion couldn't handle the pass." Bunga laughed, taking the fruit.

"Cubs..." Kopa rolled his eyes.

"What?" Kion glared at the honey badger. "A giraffe couldn't handle the pass! You kicked it over my head!"

"Kion..." Simba said firmly.

"And you couldn't handle it." Bunga said, jumping over his lion cub friend.

"Bunga..." Kopa said firmly.

"Yeah?" Kion glared. "Try to handle this!"

The two then began to playfully fight over the fruit causing Kiara to roll her eyes.

"BOYS!" Kopa yelled.

"Whoa!" Bunga fell off slightly as Kion then stopped.

"Kion, I need to talk to your sister, she'll be tracking gazelles with her friends today." Simba told his youngest cub.

Kiara chuckled. "Because I'm training to be--"

"Queen of the Pridelands," Kion scoffed. "Yeah, yeah, I know all about that, Kiara."

"At least Kopa and I have our lives figured out, what are you going to be, little brother?" Kiara asked.

"Happy?" Kion smirked.

Kiara and Kopa glared to him in response.

"All right, you guys, that's enough," Simba replied. "Kion, why don't you and Bunga go play somewhere else?"

"Yeah." Akito said after coming out from the cave.

Estelle, Felicity, and Vincent came out after him.

"I know the perfect place!" Bunga said, then looked to the human kids. "You guys wanna come?"

"Yeah!" The Fudo siblings smiled.

"That sounds like a good idea." Kopa said, seeing how agitated his sister seemed and how slightly impatient his father seemed.

"Then let's go!" Estelle cheered.

"You'll never get the baobab fruit!" Bunga teased his lion friend in a singsong tone as he ran with it.

"Oh, we'll see about that." Akito smirked playfully.

"Ha!" Kion laughed at his bestest friend. "You got nowhere to go, Bunga!"

"Says you!" Bunga laughed before he leaped off of Pride Rock with the fruit into a tree. "Zuka Zama!" He then ended up on the ground safely and softly, then smirked to his other friends that were still high up. "Catch me if you can, guys!"

"Oh, you can count on that!" Estelle told him.

"Bring it on, Monkey Biped!" Bunga smirked as he caught the fruit and ran off with it.

"Game on, Bunga!" Kion called before running after the honey badger. "Later, Dad. Have fun tracking those gazelles, Kiara. I gotta get Bunga!"

Kiara sighed in mild annoyance. "I can't believe we're related."

"Kion will mature in the future," Kopa assured her with a smile, but then frowned. "I hope."

Bunga laughed as he ran with the fruit as he and the others were passing the giraffes.

"Pass it to me!" Estelle called out.

"Head's up!" Bunga called back to her as he passed the fruit as they came up right next to the giraffes.

"Got it! Heads up, Bro!" Estelle called out before passing the fruit to Akito.

Akito laughed as he jumped up and caught the fruit. "Fudo has the ball!"

"Not for long!" Felicity laughed as she jumped over to him instantly and snagged the fruit from him.

"Hey!" Akito playfully pouted.

Felicity laughed before tossing the fruit again. The giraffe caught it on his head before shaking it and letting the fruit fall down into Vincent's hold.

"Thank you." Vincent smiled.

The giraffe smiled back. Bunga then caught the fruit as they kept running, passing peaceful birds of the jungle.

One woke up with a gasp and panicked instantly at the incoming stampede. "Everyone, scatter!" he called out to his fellow birds.

All his fellow birds and him then began to scatter to the sky, avoiding the lion cubs and the honey badger. They then came up to a large tree as the birds went off to another spot for peace and quiet. Bunga tossed the fruit against the tree and caught it again. Rafiki emerged from the tree with a laugh.

"We're gonna get ya, Bunga!" Akito called out.

"You can try!" Bunga laughed as they hopped over the hippos in the water then.

One hippo popped his head out with a small smile. "Bunga, Kion, everyone else..."

"Nothing will stop us from coming after you!" Akito called out to Bunga.

Bunga laughed as he kept running with them. However, the lion cubs stopped nervously as they came across a rather angry alligator. But then Akito, who had remembered his super-strength and invulnerability, decided to growl right back at him. The alligator blinked and slid down slightly.

Akito smirked and he and the others continued on after the honey badger. Bunga crashed against a cobra, getting the fruit stuck in his mouth. He then took the fruit out and then kept running from the lion cubs as they traveled all around the jungle. Someone incredibly fast, the cheetah, was zipping around then and ended up taking Bunga for a ride. Bunga laughed as he waved to the lion cubs, riding on the cheetah's back. The cheetah glared up at him, then bucked him off of her back.

Akito, being the fastest and strongest out of them all, ran ahead. Bunga rolled backwards down the hill and slid against his back.

Kion laughed and pinned down the honey badger. "Gotcha now, Bunga!"

The fruit then rolled over, not too far away from them. Before either of them could get it, Akito arrived a second later and grabbed the fruit.

"The winner!" Akito cheered for himself. "Yeah, touchdown!" he then threw down the fruit like a football, then accidentally dropped it off the ledge into a rather dead and deserted area. "Whoops..."

"Aw," Kion groaned to him. "You dropped it into the Outlands! Game Over."

"Says who?" Bunga spoke up, looking determined. "I'm not afraid of the Outlands."

"Have you lost your mind?!" Vincent asked.

"Come on, are ya guys scared?" Bunga smirked.

"Well, I'm not," Kion glared. "It's just... My dad says we shouldn't--"

"Oh, please!" Bunga scoffed. "Simba's a big old scaredy cat when it comes to the Outlands! You know what my uncles always say!" he said before diving after the fruit.

"Hakana Matata." Vincent sighed.

Bunga kept falling until suddenly he was caught by a branch. "Whoa!"

"Bunga, you okay?" Felicity asked. "You look a little stuck."

"Are you kidding? It's just a tree branch!" Bunga shrugged as he tried to get himself free, then kicked himself forward and continued his fall. "Zuka Zama!"

"He doesn't let anything stop him." Vincent said.

"I blame Timon for that one." Estelle commented.