Science Of Love

"It's been five years now, honey!" He groaned.

"So, what? Now, you're gonna deny me my wifely rights?" She demanded, climbing determinedly onto his lap.

He had wrapped his arm around his eyes.

She tugged.
He didn't budge.

"Isn't there any other way?" He muttered.

"Nope. Now man up, and open up those baby blues!"

"You realize that my eyes are brown?"

"You realize that I just like saying baby blues?"

He let her tug the arm away, slyly keeping his eyes tightly closed. It wasn't until he felt something wet touch his eyelids, that he sputtered to action.

"GROSS! Fia!! Did you just lick my eyelids?" He yelped, squinting at his wife's grinning face.

"Just moisturizer. Relax." She shook the lemon scented tube in his face.

"Just get this over with!" He growled.

"Okie dokey smokey." She chirped, hoisting herself up to his eye level.

She was using his chest as leverage, and he winced when her elbow dug into his side. Her soft fingers framed his face, drawing circles at his temples.

Then she stared.
And stared some more.

Her whisper broke the spell;

"You know eyes are like the--"

"Windows to the goddamned souls. I know." He snorted, "I can see Jalebis in yours. Lots and lots of Jalebis."

"And I can see in yours that you passed the test, with flying pupils!"

"Really? 45%?"

"I'd say 50-ish." She nodded seriously.

"So you now believe what I tell you every morning?"

"Yep. You're definitely in love with me. Irrationally, and scientifically."

Author's Note:
Word count: 257

Inspired by this 8fact. (:

And proved, when I met this blueberry cheesecake today....