Chapter 5: If Only He Knew

Hey guys quick note here, my computer got fixed and I got a new keyboard! So now there will be longer and more often chapters! Enough talk, let's get to the story. And please note, this chapter will have MASSIVE Brigmore Witches and Knife of Dunwall spoilers!

*Daud's POV*

      If only he knew why he saved me.

     Something tells me, that deep in his mind, burried beneath regret and revenge, was the thought that I had done something right before our duel.

      I saved Emily from a living death.

      He thought I was here to correct that, little did he know, I had no intent to hurt his little girl. As cold hearted as I may be, she's alive because of me and, perhaps I'm alive because of her.

       We make our choices in a split second but sometimes that'll come back and bite us in the ass. It did for me. I never thought of what the consequenses would be for killing the emperess. Just what I would do with the coin. Now that money is in the bottom of the water that flows through the Flooded District. If anyone wants to take that coin, they have to go through me. No one should spend coin earned by the murder of an emperess.

       I sighed, and decided it was time I speak with The Outsider again. What would he tell me now, after I've sunk my little rowboat again. I walked over to my audiograph player first and put in a fresh one, ready to record. "My assassin's are worried about me. I attacked Dunwall Tower with no real goal. My last real work was shoving a blade into Delila's mouth, the last great accomplishment of my life. So now what, was I just missing the horrible sceams of death while my blade works it's way through some noble's eye? When I gave it up did something snap? Maybe I am in love with pain, suffering, *long pause* and causing it all."