chapter four

Serenity's POV

It had been two weeks since I last seen the asshole. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of him, but it was mostly just remembering the party. I hated the way he touched me. He could control me but I was trying to pretend like he had no control over me. At the moment, I wouldn't have minded kissing him but he was no good. He was no good and I should stay away.

Is that what attracted me to him more?

But it was true, I shouldn't see him again, and it's not like I would. But I couldn't stop thinking about him and I hated that. I didn't bother asking Korina about him and she said nothing about him. We all just pretended like that night didn't exist. It was never brought up again and to be honest, I didn't think she wanted to tell me about why she and Lucas knew him.

We were on our way back home from school and I know it isn't safe but I kept my converse kicked up on the dashboard.

"You're so lazy," she joked.

"Yeah, I barely got any sleep last night," I yawned. I was up all night working on this stupid paper. Then to add on top of that, a stressful eight hour school day. I couldn't wait to go home and sleep in my own bed. I was going to major in English anyway, I better get used to it. "I pulled an all-nighter for Mrs. Higgins."

She sent me a sympathetic look. "Sucks, I have Mr. Ace, he's the best."

"Lucky." Mrs. Higgins was a hard grader. Now that was the least of my worries. I'm more than sure I looked like shit. "How do I look?"

"Tired."

"Try exhausted," I groaned.

"Um, Serenity," I heard Korina squeak. "Have you noticed that car behind us following us for the last five minutes?" I could hear the worry in her voice.

I glanced back, rubbing my eyes to regain my focus. My eyes widened, it was the black Audi that I saw waiting outside our school last week.

"Korina," I swallowed. "I saw that car a few weeks ago outside of our school. I a-asked Justin if it was him and he said no."

"Oh my God," she whispered. "Go in my bag and get my phone." I did as I was told. "Call Lucas, now and put it on speaker phone."

I did as I was told yet again and he picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, babe." You could hear the smile in his voice.

"Lucas, there's a car following us," she tried to remain calm but her voice shook.

"What?" He asked, getting serious.

"I'm in the car with Serenity, she said she saw this same car a few weeks ago—"

"You should have told me earlier!"

"I didn't know, she didn't tell me!"

"Yeah, it's my fault. I'm sorry, Lucas," I piped in quietly.

I heard him let out a frustrated breath.

"Okay, make a few turns, then tell me if they're still following you."

"Okay," she whispered. I was looking back and they continued. "They're still following us, oh my God what are we gonna do?"

"Speed up, make multiples turns and quick. It doesn't matter if you pass the speed limit I need you to listen to me."

"Okay, okay."

"Go to the mall parking lot of the Bradbury mall. Justin and Avery will be waiting for you, I'm sending them out now."