Chapter one

It was the middle of August, the very first high school football game. I hung back as my friend Vik kept flirting with these girls we met. I couldn't remember their names, I didn't really want to either. They were both very pretty, but they were the most conceited kind. I was suprised Viktor acted so chill around them, especially since he broke up with Emory recently. We kept walking to meet up with Jake and Sparky. Sparky's real name is Tyler, but he completely hates it. "Look at Randall, such a faggot," Jake had said when we walked up. "Is my brother a foggot too? Or was that ass-whooping not enough to shut you up?" That made him quit. I looked over to see one of those girls walk over and smile at Vik. A familiar face had caught my eye just then, and I looked over to see my friend Aleks staring at the girl like he was starstruck. To get him out of his daze, I yelled at him. "Aleks!! Hey Aleks!!" As soon as I said it he looked away with sad eyes. I knew why, but no one dared to mention it around him. Hayley was a friend to all of us, but Aleks had gotten the lucky end. She was extremely pretty, and it seemed that her and Aleks were perfect. When she had moved away, we were all sad, but Aleks was the most devestated of all. She was forced to break up with him. I'm not sure I will ever see Aleks as happy again. I felt a vibrate in my pocket, and I knew what that meant. Every time it seemed like my mom would text me way earlier than everyone else, saying that we were leaving. As usual, I went up and fist bumped the guys goodbye.  The girls weren't with them, which I was glad about, but I could feel a slight tension around them, which usually happens when we hang out, so I thought nothing of it and proceeded to my mom's car which was waiting outside the stadium.