IMAGINE: Coming home from the military and surprising Ewan

| IMAGINE for @princess_of_potions |

    "Are you ready, Y/N?" Carol, Ewan's mother, asks, as she parks in the driveway filled with cars.
     You let out a nervous breath, wiping your sweaty palms on your uniform. "Yes and no." You answer. "I'm nervous." You laugh.
    She turns in her seat and looks at you, smiling sweetly. "It's okay to be nervous, honey. You haven't seen Ewan for a year. It's understandable." She says.
     You sigh, thinking of your husband. You married him a year before you deployed. Now you're surprising him at his belated birthday party. Ewan doesn't think you're coming home for another two months.
     "Come on, Y/N, let's go surprise your husband." Carol says, patting your knee before getting out of the car. You gulp and follow her.
     Carol opens the door and you immediately hear Ewan laughing at something someone said. You smile, your heartbeat picking up excitedly. Once you enter the house bursting with people, the noises quiet, and everyone stares at you— except Ewan, who seems totally oblivious that everyone is silent. James, Ewan's father, clears his throat. Ewan follows his father's gaze and your husband turns around.
    When he sees you at the door, he just stares at you. Tears are brimming in your eyes and you're smiling, your hands clasped in front of you. Your husband slowly walks towards you, emotionless. You try to shove out the panic that fills your heart. Ewan stops a foot from you, his eyes searching yours. He lifts his hand and caresses your cheek with his fingers.
     "You're real." He whispers.
     Nodding, you smile as tears fall from your eyes. "Hi." You whisper.
     "Oh, Y/N." Ewan cries, pulling you into his arms. You squeeze your eyes shut and wrap your arms around him as he crushes you against him.
     "Wh-what are you doing here?" Ewan asks, cupping your face and looking at you, his cheeks wet with tears.
     "I'm home." You answer.
     "Yes. Yes, you are." He whispers, smiling at you. "I missed you so much, Y/N." He says.
     "I missed you too." You say. Ewan dips his head down and kisses you passionately. Everyone in the house starts whopping and clapping their hands. You pull your lips away from Ewan's, laughing.
     He grins at you. "I love you." You say.
     "I love you too." He returns, kissing your forehead, just as people start to surround you.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!