Chapter Eleven

Thank you to all my amazing readers for being so patient. I've made this chapter extra long for you. I'm terriably sorry it's taken so long for me to upload this, please don't forget to vote and comment to keep the chapters coming. Enjoy guys.  :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                    Chapter 11

As the night progressed I made my way to the moroi dorms to do my final check, when I saw Mia Rinaldi coming down the hall. Her manicured nails were a blur as she typed a text message to one of her friends. She looked up at my approach and her eyes instantly went wide- she stopped texting and I looked down at her, my eyes boaring into hers.

 Can we talk?” I asked. It sounded more like an order then a question. She nodded slowly, her mouth stuck in an O shape, no words coming out. She probably knew I’d come to find her after today’s events. I led her into an empty room and beckoned her to sit down on the sofa. I closed the door and spun around, she sat up stiffly, unsure what to do. To be honest I had no clue what I was going to do either, all I knew was that the feelings of anger I had when spotting Rose and Mia arguing hadn’t left my system. Mia hadn’t listened when I’d said to leave Rose alone, I’d frightened her- sure, but obviously it wasn’t enough. My fists clenched and I had to tell myself to stay calm. Shouting wouldn’t fix anything. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. When I opened them I felt ready.

 “Did you forget our conversation behind the church the other day?” I said, keeping my voice level. She looked up at me innocently.

 “No Guardian Belikov. You told me not to provoke Rose, but you never said anything about Lissa.” My temper rose at her words. Didn’t implying to Rose include Vasilisa to? She must be testing my self control. I swore in Russian.

 “I thought you understood what I’d been implying. Stay away from Rose and Vasilisa, this is your last warning, I mean it. If I see you’ve been messing with either of them I will make sure you’re dealt with properly.” She looked frightened and I realised our faces were just inches apart. In my anger I’d advanced towards her. After a few seconds though I saw her assessing my face, my voice, my attitude.

 “Why...? why do you even care?” she said, confused. My face sobered and I took another deep breath. Why did I care? Was it because I didn’t want to see Rose get hurt? Was it because I couldn’t let her be expelled because then I’d be dismissed, or was it because... because...

 “Because she’s my student. And I won’t let some spoilt moroi try and take her down, she’s come so far in her training but her attitude is always holding her back, you’re holding her back. You need to stay away from her, far far away. And if you even think about pulling another little stunt like the one today then you’re life at the academy will be very miserable because I know exactly who you’re parents are and I’m sure you wouldn’t want their real job description known to the other royals.” That stopped her in her tracks, if it were possible her eyes grew even wider than before.

 “What the? Who do you think you are? You’re just some guardian, you have no right to speak to me that way, I’m above you. I’m telling Alberta about this, no one threatens me like that.” She stood up and headed for the door but was stopped when I caught hold of her arm.

 “You think this is a joke? I mean it. Stay away from them. You don’t want to betray me, not if you know what’s good for you. And who do you think Alberta’s going to believe, me or you?” She scowled, flashing her fangs. I let go of her arm.