Chapter Five

Hey everyone please don't forget to vote, comment, fan & fav my story to see the chapters up faster :)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

                                                                                Chapter Five

I watched in horror as Rose silently screamed. I had just about given up trying to shake her out of Vasilisa's mind and back into her own, since she wasn't responding to my frantic calls. It seemed no matter what I did; pinch, shake or call her name, she just wouldn't snap out of it.

I had no idea what Rose was observing right now in Vasilisa's mind but the look on her face made me think the princess was in some sort of trouble. Should I call for help? Or should I wait for Rose to tell me herself if Vasilisa was in danger. Groaning, I reached up to grab fistfuls of my hair in frustration.

I would wait for Rose to tell me herself, I decided. No one would know where the princess was anyway and I wasn't one hundred percent sure there was anything wrong.

"Lissa, No!" Rose gasped, my head snapped over to look at her face. Her eyes were still glazed over and little beads of sweat were forming at her hairline.

I stepped forward and gripped her shoulders, shaking her slightly; I leaned towards her, "Rose? Rose?" Rose's mouth went slack and her eyes slowly became focused. Blinking she focused in on my face.

"Are you alright?" I asked concerned.

"I... yeah. I was... I was with Lissa..." she lifted her hand up, to rest it on her forehead. I dropped my hands from her shoulders and took a step back. "I was in her head" she explained and I looked at her confused.

"Her... head?"

"Yeah. It's part of the bond." She said dismissively with a wave of her hand. I thought back to when Rose was having the vision, remembering the look on her face and what she had said.

"Lissa, No!" She gasped. It had sounded like the princess was in danger from the tone Rose had used.

"Is she alright?" I asked.

"Yeah she's..." Rose hesitated, "She's not in danger."

I remembered the first thing Rose had said when entering Vasilisa's mind.

"Christian!" she gasped in horror. Sifting through the hundreds of students, I tried to put a face to the name Christian.

My eyes widened slightly as I remembered there was a boy called Christian in Rose's year. Christian Ozera. Tasha Ozera's niece. Poor Christian, poor Tasha, I thought sadly.

When Christian was only a little boy his parents had turned into Strigoi: Evil immortals who stalked the night searching for their pray. This resulted in his aunt Tasha to take responsibility for him and make sure he was well looked after. That wasn't the worst part.

One day when the two of them were watching T.V at home, Christian's parents came back for him, demanding he become "awakened" to be just like them, Strigoi. Tasha refused to let them do it and Christian's parents got angry. Tasha fought against them to keep Christian safe, only to get backhanded by his mother, leaving a permanent scar across one side of her face. Luckily, the guardians arrived just in time to save them both and destroy Christian's parents.

Christian had witnessed the whole thing and was traumatized by witnessing his parent's death. He has never been the same since. Tasha Ozera had told me one afternoon, after I had boldly asked why her face had scars on it. Tasha was a dear friend of mine and I admired her courage and bravery when protecting Christian.