Chapter 14

*Vani Pov*

When Kamal suddenly groaned, we all glanced up from our food to see him, frowning at the dishes with a serious thought.

"Is something missing?" I asked the others, but not him.

"Are you kidding? There are so many items and I think I should have to exercise more tomorrow because I don't want to miss eating any one of it." Girish said shaking his head.

I gave him a small smile before glancing at my plate while everyone started to serve themselves and to my luck that girl is sitting beside him.

"This is so delicious." Rakesh said, smiling at me.

"Are you forgetting something, David?" Kamal asked and I frowned at them only to see David is looking everywhere except to my side.

"No!" he replied simply and they continued to have their lunch.

"Do you like living in the city, Vani?" Pallavi suddenly asked when everyone stayed silent.

"Yeah!" I replied, not even looking up to stare at her.

I know what she is trying to tell because I am not really liking to stay in the house with not much work to do, but from yesterday I started doing everything I can and know what should I do everyday.

"Did we increased your work by coming here? We should have sent Pallavi early to help you." Rakesh asked and I frowned at him.

"Yeah! She cooks really well too." David added to which she glared at him.

"It was not hard." I simply replied and stood up finishing my food.

"Did you guys saw any new places?" Girish asked when we all sat down near the living room.

"No!" we both replied at a time.

"And why is that? I think we should leave now so that they can spend time outside the house without any of us meddling." Girish stated before standing up.

"No! Please sit down." I said, smiling at him.

"Ok! As I want to eat some more of that food for dinner." He said shrugging and I shook my head.

"Where is Rupa's number?" I asked, remembering Kamal's words.

"I will give you, but don't tell her that I had that number." He replied before giving me her number.

"Hello?" she said after lifting my call and I walked near to my balcony to not disturb their conversations.

"Rupa! How are you?" I asked and we both drifted into a long conversation regarding general things making my mood better.

"So, he finally gave you my number?" she suddenly asked making me frown.

"Yeah! Kamal forgot about it." I replied, remembering my word to Girish.

"I am asking about Girish, Vani. Tell him that I will send him into prison if he messages as unknown instead of calling me." She threatened and for a few minutes I frowned in confusion.

"You like him?" I asked her in shock when the penny dropped.

"Yes! However, don't tell him that." She replied and I smiled again at her threat.

"Why don't you come here for dinner and give him your threat directly?" I asked but she sighed.

"I just returned to the village but will come visit you some day as I am going to live in that city. I got a job as an accountant for a hospital." She replied.

"That's great news, Rupa. I am so happy for you and really glad that you will be here." I said feeling good.

"Now, I have even a better news." She said and I frowned thinking what would that be.