Three Months With Trey

Picture of Beth on the side.............chapters 2 and 3 now have pictures of Trey and Dylan - enjoy!

Chapter 4.

Trey POV

"Come on Coop, let's play ball." I smirked at her, knowing I'm about to kick her ass yet again. She rolled her eyes and reluctantly stood up.

"So why aren't you with Beth?" She asked as I picked up the basketball. I shrugged as I turned to look at her. Her eyes looked sad. She grabbed one of my baseball caps off the table and walked outside.

She threw the ball to me after missing two free throws. "You know I hate this game."

"But you cheer so well Coop. Go team...go team." I mocked her, doing a stupid little dance for extra credit. She laughed but I could tell she tried not to. Her phone rang from inside her bag. When she pulled it out she smiled at the text.

"That better not be Benny, I want to give him another beat down." I cracked my knuckles.

"Calm down Rocky Balboa, its Tim." She smiled.

Tim? Hughes? Tim freaking Hughes? What the hell is he doing texting Coop? Why am I so angry?

"Oh yeah, what does he want?" I shot the ball through the basket. She mumbled something to do with zombies and protection. "What the hell is that? Some kinky sex game between you two?" She frowned at me. "Ok Cooper, laugh... Its a joke." She threw me a sarcastic smile and quickly wrote a reply. Once her phone was back in her bag she stood and watched me shoot the ball.

"Go Lawler...go Lawler...whoo Trey!" She laughed that amazing laugh of hers as she mimiced my stupid dance. I bounced the ball over to her. She looked at me with pleading eyes. I loved how easy she became vulnerable around me. With the guys she always shown a little emotion but there was a mask preventing the real Coop busting out there. I sighed and walked over to her.

"Ok Coop, bounce the ball twice on the floor." I stood behind her. She tensed a little when I placed my hands on her waist. She bounced the ball. "Now shoot." I whispered in her ear, her hair smelled of coconuts. I closed my eyes as I took in this wonderful aroma. Why had I never noticed this? She took a deep breath and as I opened my eyes, the ball....went perfectly....through the hoop.

She whooped in excitement.  She turned and jumped in my arms. Her legs wrapped around my waist. My hands grabbed her ass. I knew it looked good in shorts, jeans, those damn three quarter sweats, a dress...hell her ass looked good in anything. But damn, it kinda felt good too.

In that moment when she looked in my eyes, it felt right. Like this is how we should be. She felt like mine. "Well?" Oh crap, she had been talking to me.

"What? Sorry I just, uh, can't believe you made that shot....finally." I smirked.

"I said, this calls for a celebration." She smiled bringing her face closer to mine. All I could think was how much I wanted to kiss her. Kiss my best friend. Jeez, is that normal? "So take me to to heaven Lawler." She whispered down my ear giving me shivers. I gulped and nodded, gently putting her back on her feet. "Oh and this time, I'm driving."

*****

After taking her to buy ice cream, I dropped her off at Clarice's place. Panicking with these thoughts about my best friend, I did what I do best. I called my boys. We met at the beach, Dylan and Harry's idea. There was a volleyball contest on.

"Damn, I can't wait to go to church with Grams on Sunday. I'm going to thank the Lord for the mighty fine female body mmm mmm."

"Dyl I have a freaking problem here man, volleyball will be here tomorrow." I shook my head taking a bit of my chilli dog.