Three Months With Trey

It had been four weeks since we were dragged home like naughty kids. Four weeks since Jamie and I had breakfast together. Four weeks since Callum told me to talk to her. And what have I done in those four weeks?

Hidden away.

I have avoided Jamie at every chance possible. She called my dad once and I wrote Mono on a piece of paper to avoid talking or seeing her.

She's texted me asking to come over, my message back was always the same. 'Can't Coop.' Either my dad needed help, I was training ready for when we go back to school or I was feeling ill. Shit excuses I know but... I'm a coward. After two weeks or so, she stopped calling, texting, facebooking... Complete silence.

Until.........

"Hey Dyl, what's going on?" I asked as I answered my phone.

"Dude, party at mine tonight. Gina's going to be there and she's dying to hook up with you." He sang down the phone.

"Um, I don't know." I hesitated.

"Look, I know you are avoiding Jamie so I haven't invited her. I haven't told the girls and Harry is under orders to do the same. She will not be here. So you in or not?"

"I'm in." Dylan cheered down the phone. "See you tonight." I cut him off as he started talking about how this will be the party of the summer. Maybe he's right. His house backs on to the beach, so the party will too I guess.

*****

Later that night, after a shower, I dressed in my 'lucky' jeans and a white button down shirt. After saying goodbye to my dad (who was enjoying a night without me) I got in my car and drove to Dylan's.

The party was already rocking. Jason Derulo's Don't Wanna Go Home was playing throughout the house. Dylan had a cousin in college who was Dj'ing. It's like the whole party was pleased to see me. Everyone stopped me to say hi. I finally pushed through the crowd into the kitchen and grabbed a beer from the freezer. Girls were running around in their underwear.

I spotted Dylan and Harry on the beach starting a bonfire. After saying hi to what seemed like our whole grade and more, I finally reached them. "What did I tell you man, party of the summer. And no sign of Jamie or the girls!"

We hooked up with a couple of girls that night before the party moved back on the beach. There were a couple of girls talking further down the beach who I didn't notice earlier. I staggered down there pleased I'd found them and not the guys. "Ladies, wanna party?" I knew I was slurring my words but who gives a fuck.

The girl in the middle didn't look at me. Her body was smoking. She was toned yet had the most amazing curves. She was wearing a black bikini top with a pair of shorts. "Baby girl you are so freaking hot, hmm... Let me take care of you." I whispered in her ear and slapped her ass. Slowly she turned around.

I was sober in an instant.

"Jamie!" It came out as a yelp. She glared at me.

"Maybe you should stop 'taking care' of girls. Mono sucks huh? Wouldn't want that again." Oh god she hates me. "Why have you been ignoring me?" She pushed me, hard! "Well!" She yelled. I turned to see Dylan and Harry acting like they don't know what's going on. "Your such a dick Trey." She shook her head and walked away.

I ran. To her. My legs just moved. I called her name. I called it again. She carried on walking. I passed a guy and grabbed his drink, downing it needing some dutch courage. "Coop wait!" She stopped suddenly. Her shoulders hitched. I knew she was crying. I knew it was my fault.

I walked to the front of her and wrapped my arms around her. "Please don't cry Cooper." I whispered in her ear.

"You hurt me Trey. You are my best friend and you have hurt me so much." She sobbed in my chest. My heart broke listenening to her quiet sobs.