Chapter 53

*First person pov*

     Time skip 5 days~

     Byron contacted the Survey Corps and they told me that they're going to arrive in at least 5 days. So, in that time frame, I decided to help around with Cedric and Byron. You know, cleaning the walls and patrolling the walls. Cedric was being a lazy bum and let me do all of his chores but Byron, being a respectful uncle, and scolded him and made him do his chores. I don't have an aunt or uncle, since both of my parents were the only child so I observed their interactions really closely, since I want to know what's like to have a caring uncle. Byron washed my clothes as well, thank god. I was currently sitting on the wall, watching the sun go down so the moon can have the spotlight. It was pretty, despite the titans roaming around in the distance. Pretty.... I heard horses behind me so I turned to look to see who it was. It was the Survey Corps! They came! Finally! It didn't look like they spotted me on the wall since they rode up to the cabin, frantically knocking on the door. I squint, trying to identify the figures. Let's see... Levi... Eren... Jean... Hanji... Mikasa... and Armin! Jean was the one who was frantically knocking on the door. Cedric opened the door and Hanji started talking, it looked like. Cedric nods and points in my direction, saying something and they turned to look at me. I felt all eyes on my figure and I smiled and waved. "YO! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN!?" I yelled to them, cupping my hands over my mouth. They started to use their 3DMG to get to me, but Jean was to act first. He kept his finger on the trigger, practically using up all of his gas to get to me. "BASIL!!" Jean yelled and finally got up on top of the wall. He tackled me in a hug. But, apparently he used up too much gas and was going too fast and tackled me off the wall, sending us plummeting 50 meters off the wall. "AHHHHH!" I screamed, since I didn't have 3DMG to save myself. "Dammit!" Jean curses, then hooking onto the wall halting our fall, or rather, his fall. Apparently, the sudden stop made me slip through Jeans grip since he underestimated my weight. "AHHHH!" I scream as I continued to fall, watching Jean as his expression turned into a horrified one. I kept falling, but then I get tackled out of the air. I opened my eye to see Levi. He caught me, and hooked on to the wall. He was holding me close to his body, his left arm around my waist. "Kirstein! What the hell was that!?" Levi barked, I wince since I was so close so he was literally yelling in my ear. "I-I'm sorry!" Jean yelled back. "Hey! Are you okay!?" I heard Eren yelled from top of the wall. "MY BABY!!! BRING MY BABY BACK!!" Hanji cried, anime tears streaming down her face. Baby? Since when was I her baby? Well... I guess because I'm her precious experiment to her.... Levi maneuvered up on top of the wall, and set me down. "Thanks." I said to him as me feet touched the safe wall. "Basil, you aren't hurt are you?" Armin asked me, worriedly. "One of these days I might kill your brother..." Mikasa mumbled to herself. "BASIL I'M SO SORRY FORGIVE ME!!" Jean yelled and clung onto me, surprisingly. Usually Jean has too much pride to apologize when people are around and isn't as affectionate... he usually apologizes in private and yet he's doing it out loud. I chuckle, then went to a cackle. I kept laughing and everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. "Basil... are you okay?" Armin asked me worriedly. "AHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS CLOSE! I ALMOST DIED, HAHAHAHA! DID YOU HEAR MY SCREAM!? OH THAT'S HILARIOUS!!" I laughed, doubling over, tears of amusement in my eyes. "Basil...? Do you need help...?" Eren asked me, as he puts a hand on my shoulder. I calm down a bit, wiping a tear from my eye. "Hoo.... I'm fine, I'm just laughing at the fact I almost died. Don't worry about it, man." I said, giggling a little. "Oh god I broke her! Do something Squad Leader Hanji!" Jean yelled as he let go of me and ran over to Hanji. I giggled but then felt someone hit my head. "Ow!" I grunt and rubbed my head. "Idiot! How did you get away from the Female Titan?" Eren asked me as he brought his hand down. So he was the one who hit me. Meanie. "Well... I don't know how long I was in her stomach but she puked me up. I waited until she fell asleep to escape, which I was very successful in. I'm sorry... I wasn't able to cut her out because I didn't have any blades... and I wasn't able to take out the ear plugs because I didn't want to risk her waking up..." I apologized to them, bowing. Thank god, I practiced that lie when I was alone. I suck at lying. "Dammit..." Levi cursed as he crossed his arms. "B-But I found a strange bag when I was making my way back. It's back in the cabin." I said, as I pointed to the cabin below the wall. "What was in the bag?" Mikasa asked me. "Very... Very interesting stuff.... you need to see..." I said very slowly. They looked at each other and I coughed. "Well, enough of that... Who's going to fly me down there?" I asked them. Eren stepped up, with a little blush on his face. "I can!" Eren said, as he held out his arms. "Hey suicidal bastard! I'm the one who's going to fly her down, I don't trust you with my sister!" Jean yelled, getting up in Eren's face. "I don't trust you either! You almost killed her earlier Horseface!" Eren said, getting up in Jean's face as well. I sighed at the two and I looked at my other options. Armin isn't that strong... Mikasa is a little too extreme... Hanji... I feel uncomfortable around her or him.... I guess I'll just go with Levi, he's skilled enough... but he's kinda scary... but he's my best choice. I jog over to Levi smiling at him. "Yo Captain Levi! Let me catch a ride, will you? Please?" I asked him. He scowls then nods, annoyed. "Yay! Thanks Captain! You're a life savior!" I said to him, and he flinched at the word savior. "No... Don't ever fucking call me savior again." Levi said, glaring at me. It was my turn to flinch at his words. I get on his back, hugging his neck and the boy's head whips toward us. "HUH!?" They both yelled. "I don't feel safe with either of you... so I'm just going to stick with Captain Levi! If you want to carry someone, carry Armin or whatever." I said, shrugging. Everyone starts jumping down the wall, and Levi was the last to jump. Wind slaps me lightly in the face as we come down. "Hey Levi..." I asked him in midair. "What is it brat?" Levi asked me as he hooked onto a branch. "If you want to talk about why you don't want to be called a savior... I'm all ears." I told him, and he stayed silent for a moment. He landed on the ground in front of the cabin gracefully. "...Fuck no brat." DENIED.