21)The talented liar

Chap song: "For your entertainment" by Adam Lambert
_____________________________________

Internet searching proved something Emily had already figured out; Captain Ian Quinn of the APD was in his fifties and had two sons. One of them, Ian Quinn Jr was in the same classes as she was for the most part.
What Emily couldn't understand was why when Ian reccommended calling the police after Declan first hit her, he failed to mention his own father was captain of the police department. That would've been the perfect time to mention such a thing.

Emily had a hard time sleeping the rest of the night. For the four hours of solid sleep she did recieve, she drempt of strange things all jumbled together to create a hybrid of ridiculousness. Her mother was yelling at Jake to become a better psychic while Detective Kinkaid had fluttered around reasuring Madison that they couldn't confront ghosts without proper evidence. Peter was in a nearby corner drawing pictures while Christmas music played.

By the time Emily had arrived at school later in the day she felt she was merely a zombie mindlessly wandering the halls. She couldn't even count the number of times she nearly fell aleep in classes. If she hadn't used her cell phone to tape what her teachers had been saying she could've easily missed key elements as they spoke about upcoming final exams in a few weeks.

Emily should've stayed home like Madison reccommended. Her mother didn't want her to run into Declan after Detective Kinkaid visited his house. Although, not attending school wasn't really an option - not when Emily was currently leading two other students on becoming the valedictorian. Emily couldn't mess up academically if she wanted to remain in the number one seeding.

But, Emily was so exhausted she barely remembered what class Mr. Frise was teaching. Her green eyes kept slowly drooping closed as her teacher was explaining some type of thing that was drawn across the board. What it was, she couldn't exactly tell. Emily was too busy fighting off the strong urge to sleep.
She couldn't really tell if it was math, English, or just plain gibberish on the blackboard anymore. Just as her eyes were about to droop to a slow close it was Mr. Frise's clap of bringing his hands together that brought her back to the land of consciousness.

"Coach Cartwright" the teacher enthused. "I'm to assume you're not here to join my class?"

A few of Emily's fellow male classmates sniggered at the comment while Coach Cartwright narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. "No, no I'm not. I mean, not that it doesn't sound riveting - you only what, put half the class to sleep with that lecture?" he asked, sounding suspiciously to Emily as though he was insulting the teacher.

A few of the same male students who laughed earlier sniggered once more, oblivious that their teacher was just insulted by the same coach who had murmured rumors going behind his back that he was sleeping with underage students.
Mr. Frise was unfazed by the rude comment. He gave a light shrug. "Yeah, only half. Exciting, right? It's a new record, isn't it guys?"

The whole class erupted in a laugh causing the coach to grit his teeth together as he looked deeply annoyed the teacher wasn't offended by his comment. He walked towards Mr. Frise to stuff a paper under his nose.
The teacher took a few seconds to read the page long note, frowning once he got to the end. "Alright - Miss Daz, please collect your things. You're wanted in the principals office."

Emily couldn't exactly figure out two things once she was out in the hall with her backpack. The first being why she was wanted to the Principals office. Besides being asked a question, Emily usually didn't talk unless spoken to. Her exception was when Jake whispers to her in their new Chemistry class they share, but Emily could easily cross that off as a lot of Jake asking questions regarding his homework.
The second part Emily didn't understand was why Coach Cartwright himself had to escort her to the office. She didn't know how to ask that question to the coach, so she had politely gathered her things to follow him.