Chapter VII

Chapter VIII

With a face as still as stone, he released me from his enormous hands and let me fall before his feet. "If you follow, you too will die." His baritone voice echoed throughout the house. "Damn you! I shall see your death!" I screamed after. He turned at me, and gave me a sinister look. "As shall I."                                   
      After making sure that his sight was obstructed by civilians, I bolted out the door, and began my frantic search for Cècil. There weren't many options, but of the few were vast numbers. Countless alleyways, vendors, and houses that she could very well be hidden in. I assured myself that he wouldn't find her first, but doubt always found a way in.                                                                                           I sprinted through numerous masses of pedestrians, frantically looking back and forth with alleyway and vendor, trying to notice the sea foam green dress I had previously bought her. With each passing second my heart raced faster and faster. I feared that the brute would be around one corner and could very well kill both Cècil and I.                                                                                       
      After looking through a large portion of the alleyways and vendors, I made a sharp left, and noticed the brute standing before one alleyway in particular. I rushed to see the matter, and weaved my way through the mass of people. It became clearer to me that he indeed found Cècil first, and that I had little time to stop him.                                                                                                                       
      With all my strength, I lunged at him, and latched on to his back. I began to hit his ribs and pound on his back. He then, violently ripped me off, and threw me onto the alley wall. My back created a sickening noise, and left me curled in pain with tears in my eyes. I looked at everything that was unfolding before me. Cècil backed into the corner, as André moved in closer. Cècil then screamed, drawing the attention of everyone within the vicinity. Crowds of onlookers rushed to the alleyway entrance, but halted any movement after seeing André's sheer size.                                                                                                             "Cècil!" I screamed through the pain. She turned to me, and reached her hand. "EDMOND!!!" she said in a throat tearing scream. Andre looked down at me even more furiously than before. He walked over to my lying body, and picked me up once more. "What did I tell you Edmond?" he questioned. I spat in his face, and watched his blank expression. "If this is what you want, then so be It." he shoved me against the wall, and threw his fist into my back. I heard the onlookers gasp, and cringe at the horrific sight that unfolded. Some left, whilst others watched in agony.                                                                                               
      He let me go, and watched me squirm. "Do not act surprised Edmond Paul. This is the pain you've brought, no one else. Everyone goes away, yet you won't believe it. She makes you hurt Edmond." I couldn't speak, nor move. The pain became immeasurable, and I froze in place. I bore through the pain, and twisted my head to see Cècil for the last time. Her hands covered her mouth, and tears ran down her flushed cheeks. I didn't want her to see me like this, in pain, and dying. I had no strength to move, and felt like everything was shattered.                       Without warning, a large force was slammed down on my back, and I gasped for air. "NO!" Cècil screamed. I looked up, and saw André's leg atop my broken back. The force became stronger every second, as he pressed all his weight atop a single point.                                                                                                 
      I had little to no air left. My lungs pushed out the remaining air, and I began to suffocate. With everything I had, I mustered two words that I needed to say.