Part Three

"So, the principal wants me to do another concert this Saturday." Dimitri sighed.
"But you're exhausted!" Odd protested.
"I was exhausted all through tour, this isn't any different." Dimitri noted, once again brushing the fringe from his eyes.
"You need to relax some, Dimitri." Yumi smiled at the boy. "It's not good for you to work so much and not get any time to yourself."
"I know, but I don't think that's going to happen. I still have to find a new tech guy, and new backup dancers, because they were all Dan's."
"Wait! I have an idea!" Odd declared, jumping up from his seat. "What if we all be Dimitri's backup dancers? Then he can take breaks, because we have to choreograph all the dances anyways!" He exclaimed.

Silence filled the small area that their table was near.
"I'm up for it. What about you, Jeremie?" Aelita smiled.
"I'm not sure about dancing, but I'd be happy to run all the equipment for you." Jeremie pushed his glasses up on his nose.
"I think it'd be cool to dance with you. Ulrich, you in?" Yumi smiled her most persuasive smile, which to Ulrich, was that adorable closed lipped one she did.
"I guess."

"So, got any big debut songs for your next album?" Odd asked, reclining back against the wall, Kiwi in his lap.
"Actually, I was hoping you'd help me with one." The boy stood and moved over to the keyboard on the desk, switching it on.
"I've got the lyrics and how I want that to go, but I can't figure out the background."
Odd smiled. "Let me help you."

Ulrich, Jeremy, Yumi, and Aelita had their ears pressed against the door to Dimitri's room, listening to the music pouring through the cracks.
"Is this song about Lyoko?" Aelita whispered, shocked.
"I think so." Jeremy leaned a little closer. "But that's not what we're listening for." The door handle turned, and the group tumbled into the room.
Odd and Dimitri whipped around, Dimitri's green eyes blazing.
"What were you four doing, leaning against my door?" He asked, standing. The boy was shorter than Yumi, but somehow more horrifying.
"Well, we heard music, and we wanted to check it out." Aelita lied smoothly.
"Hm." Dimitri seemed to accept that explanation.
"Well, since you're all here, we might as well reveal the new song! It's a collab." Dimitri's finger hovered over the play button on his keyboard.
"I don't have a recording studio in here, so this is gonna be live."

After Dimitri had sang the song, the group clapped, causing Jim to open the door.
"Alright, it's getting late, all of you to your rooms. Della Robbia, no sneaking back in here." He ordered. Dimitri snuck a quick kiss onto Odd's cheek before he had to leave, thanks to Yumi and Aelita distracting Jim. Aelita winked at Odd as they departed at the stairwell.

"So, Kadic's own Cowboy Casanova's finally tied down, huh?" Ulrich asked as Odd moved around the room as if in a trance.
"Oh, you better believe it Ulrich. I've never been happier in my whole life than I have been in the past couple of days." Odd flopped onto his bed, and Kiwi jumped up.
"Yeah? Who would've thought that Odd Della Robbia, the boy who's dated every girl in our grade, would fall head over heels for a-" He was cut off by the sound of Odd's phone ringing.
"Hello? Mom? Whoa, whoa, slow down. What?" Odd stiffened slightly as his mother, with a grief-stricken voice, cried to her son.
"He's been in an accident?!"
Ulrich stood and moved to the door. He ran down the hall to Dimitri's room and ran in, not bothering to knock.
"Dimitri! Wake up! Odd needs you! I'm gonna go get Jeremy and the others. I left the door unlocked so you can get in."
Dimitri shot out of bed, and was down the hall in an instant. Ulrich ran across the hall to Jeremy's room and woke the genius.
"I'll get Aelita. You call Yumi."

Odd cried into Dimitri's shoulder as he attempted to relay the information his mom had given him.
"My dad... He's been in an accident... And the doctors don't know if... If he'll make it! And with his job, they won't be able to afford to keep him on life support for long, and-"
"Odd, don't worry about that. I'll cover the hospital bill." Dimitri said in a gentle voice, rocking back and forth as he held Odd.
"Jeremy?" Odd looked up from Dimitri's shoulder at the genius.
"Yes Odd?"
"Is there," Odd paused to wipe tears from his eyes, "Is there any way this could be- could be XANA's doing?"
Jeremy stood.
"I'll check the superscan. Be right back." He ran across the hall. The sound of his bare feet apparently awoke Jim, because the group heard a loud "Hey!"

"Yumi, hide!"
The Japanese girl didn't need to be told twice, as she ducked in between the wall and the wardrobe.
"What's going on in here? Some kind of late night- why is Odd crying?"
Odd buried his face in Dimitri's shoulder again.
"Can I tell him, Odd?" Ulrich asked. When the blonde nodded, Ulrich turned to their gym teacher.
"Odd just got a call from his mom. His dad's been in a really bad accident. I got everyone in here, because I thought Odd would do better if he was surrounded by all of his friends."
"Odd, I'm sorry. If you'd like," Jim knelt next to the couple, "I'll talk to Principal Delmas in the morning. I'll see what I can do to get all six of you on a train to Spain."

The principal had been kind enough to send the entire group to Spain, much to everyone's shock. They were all standing at the train station, waiting to board. Dimitri glared at anyone who pulled out a camera, and Jeremy was typing away at his computer.
"All aboard for Train 451 to Madrid, Spain!" The announcer called. Ulrich and Yumi led the way to the private train car, and they all settled into the seats. Aelita shut the door, soundproofing the room.
"Odd?"
The blonde looked up.
"You might want to see this."