Part Four

The team of six crowded around Jeremy's computer, which showed every tower on Lyoko.
"No towers." Odd began to cry again. "That means..."
Dimitri didn't let him finish. Instead, he pulled the boy into his arms and held him.

"Your father will be alright, Odd." Aelita whispered, almost to herself.

Dimitri carefully draped a blanket over Odd, who had fallen asleep. Ulrich and Yumi had gone off to find food, and Aelita had gone to the restroom, leaving Odd, Jeremy, and Dimitri alone. Jeremy grabbed Dimitri's arm and pulled him just outside of the cabin.
"If this accident was XANA's fault, he wouldn't need the tower afterwards." Jeremy sighed, closing his laptop. "If he did cause it, we'll never know. I didn't want to tell Odd that."
"That's understandable." Dimitri sighed.

Yumi opened the door for Ulrich, who was carrying a bunch of snacks. Most of them were some of Odd's favorites.
"I asked the conductor how much longer it would take. He said we have maybe another hour." Yumi informed, opening a bag of chips. Odd awoke to the sound, but didn't immediately attack the food.
"Here." Dimitri opened a bag of chips and handed it to Odd, who barely nibbled on it.
"Odd, you have to eat something."
A soft yip came from Dimitri's suitcase.
"Oh my gosh, Kiwi! I forgot I put him in my suitcase!" Dimitri quickly freed the dog, who curled up in his master's lap, begging for food.
"You forgot about my dog?" Odd asked, slightly upset.
"Well, not on purpose. I was gonna let him out once the train got moving, but I think I got distracted."
"Fair enough." Odd munched a chip.
"Keep eating like that, and you'll be scrawny forever." Aelita teased, trying to lighten the mood.
"I'm not scrawny. I'm svelte!"

Dimitri had managed to snag a huge, three bedroom hotel room, on one of the higher floors in one of Madrid's finest hotels, closest to the hospital where Odd's dad was.
"There are only three bedrooms, so you're going to have to share." Dimitri's manager unlocked the door and handed the key to Yumi. "If you need anything at all, here's my number." The man handed each one of them a copy of his personal card.
"Thank you, sir." Yumi said, and the bellhop drug their suitcases inside.
"I mean it. Don't hesitate to call." He said, and left.
"I wanna go see my dad." Odd whispered. Dimitri nodded.
"You guys go ahead and get settled in. I'm gonna take Odd to the hospital." He took Odd's hand, and led him to the elevator.

Odd's mother sat in the waiting room, her head in her hands. Odd silently pointed her out, and he and Dimitri walked up to her.
"Mrs. Della Robbia?" Dimitri asked.
The woman looked up, and enveloped her son in a hug. She also hugged Dimitri.
"Why, you're that famous star, aren't you?" She asked.
Dimitri nodded. "I go to Kadic with Odd. And, ma'am, I want you to know that I'll be paying your husbands hospital bill. You have much more to worry about than the finances."
Odd's mother gasped. "Oh, I couldn't let you do that, it's..."
"Ma'am, I have more money than I know what to do with. Please, let me do this for you."
The woman laughed a little. "The media always says you're the nicest Star ever, but I never believed them. You truly are the most down to earth teenager I've ever met."

Odd clenched Dimitri's hand as they entered the room where his father was.
"Odd, are you..." Dimitri stumbled as Odd slammed his face into his shoulder, crying again.
"Sh, Odd. Shh." Dimitri pried himself away from the boy, and stepped into the hallway.
"I'll wait in the waiting room, okay?"

An hour later, Odd ran out of the hospital room, sobbing uncontrollably. Dimitri caught him before he could run out the door.
"Odd? Odd, look at me. What's wrong?"
Odd shook his head. "They're trying to convince my mom to take him off life support." He sobbed. "And I think it's working."
Dimitri frowned.
"Odd, I..." He didn't know what to say.
"Can we leave? Please?"
Dimitri sighed.
"Of course."

When Odd and Dimitri arrived at the hotel room, they were greeted by hugs from Aelita.
"The fridge here is fully stocked with so much food, so Yumi and I made something. We even made mashed potatoes!" She informed excitedly.
"Mashed potatoes?" Odd brightened, and Kiwi barked at his feet, a bit of peanut butter on his nose, right where he couldn't reach it with his tongue.
"Aw, Kiwi, did mean old Ulrich put peanut butter on your nose again?"
"No, this time, it was Jeremy."

Dimitri glared at the grey butt that was in his face. The dog had laid itself in the middle of his and Odd's pillows.
"Kiwi. You did not just fart."
Odd giggled. "He likes to do that sometimes."
"Don't you mean all the time?

The next morning, Odd awoke to a feel his arm against the cold bed.
"Dimi?" He called out to his boyfriend.
"I'm in the shower, Odd! Don't come in!"
Odd flopped back down on his stomach, now too lazy to get up.
"Odd! Can I use your bathroom? Jeremy's hogging ours!" Ulrich burst into the room, earning a high pitched scream from Dimitri.
"Sorry Ulrich, but Dimitri's in the shower, and you know how he is about the shower." Odd shrugged.
Ulrich whined and dashed off again.

"YUMIIIIIIIII! JEREMY'S HOGGING THE BATHROOM AND I REALLY NEED TO PEE, AND DIMITRI'S IN THE SHOWER SO I CANT USE THEIRS!" Ulrich was desperate by this point.
Yumi opened the door, yawning.
"What makes you think I'm going to let you use ours?" She asked, leaning against the doorframe, blocking his access.
"Please, Yumi, I really have to pee!"
"And why is Jeremy hogging the bathroom?"
"Because he's being a jerk, please Yumi!"
Yumi laughed. "You know, I'm not the only one in here."
Ulrich whined again. "Aelita! Tell her to let me pee!"
Aelita smirked. "I don't know. I think you can hold it long enough for Jeremy to finish, don't you, Yumi?"
"Guys, please!" Ulrich was begging. "I'll go pee in the kitchen sink if you don't let me in!"
Aelita and Yumi shared a glance.
"Alright, fine. But hurry up."

As soon as Dimitri was out of the bathroom, Odd had him snuggled back in the bed.
"My mom called, and said that Dad was doing a lot better, and the doctors said that he should be able to come off life support in a few days. So she told me, and I quote, 'Take all of your friends out and go have some fun. You deserve it.'"
"Really? Are you sure?"
Odd nodded. "It's not every day you get to take your boyfriend and four best friends around Madrid."