Waiting game: Questions still unanswered

Chapter 40

Ash moaned he could hear the sound of people. Lots of people. He could feel them, the land, was this what she went through? Crystala.

“Misty.” He moaned.

“He spoke! Ash is alive he’s on that thing!”

“What the hell is that?”

“I can’t believe this when it came out the lake I thought for sure I’d drank too much.”

“Those things don’t exist aren’t supposed to!”

“That’s the beast but how did he get up there?”

“Forget that tell me how we are supposed to get the friend maker and Misty off the damn thing.”

So many voices. All around him. No below him. so many. All buzzing all talking he knew them some of them it was so hard to think.

“But I’ll be damned only Ash is crazy enough to make friends with something that huge.”

“You think he made friends with it?”

“I sure as hell hope so, I don’t want to get too near it.”

“But we gotta get the others off!”

“Fine, you go! I’ll stand back and help you carry them in. Unlike a certain some people I’ve got too much class to die here like that.”

The voices buzzed louder and softer. Like a radio that had gone bad. It was hard to adjust to get the right station.

“Chansey says his vitals are dimming!”

“How on earth can it tell from all over there? I’m all for getting the idiot and Misty down but do you see that Lugia cooperating?”

Ash could feel himself being lowered somehow. It was like he was floating but he held onto Misty’s hand all the while.

“Hey! Nice going Pikachu! Remind me to make a special treat for you later.”

“Get him! get the girl too. And someone just keep an eye on the Lugia.”

“Tell me how we are supposed to keep something nearly the size of this building from wandering off anywhere” A voice grunted in irritation.

“Misty.” Ash groaned as he felt himself being lifted.

“We know, we’ve got you Ash. Good job. I’m going to need serious assistance over here!”

“No, don’t take me from her. Keep us together. I want her be the first I see when I wake back up.” Ash insisted trying to see. Everything swam when he did but he tried anyway. He had to stay with her.

“Alright Ash. We’ll keep you two in the same room okay? But you need to let go so we can get you two in the doors alright?” The voice soothed. Ash struggled to see who it was but all he could see was a flash of pink.

“Pikachu, Misty.”

“Are okay just you need treatment.”

“Is she gone? Crystala?”

“There. There was someone else?” The voice asked alarmed. “We only saw you three!”

“Then she’s gone on ahead. It’s okay. She looked happy. She wanted more time but she wanted to rest. Even though those people are crazy. She wasn’t so bad.” Ash slurred.

“Stop talking and rest.” The voice said. “You can tell us everything later.”

“We did it.” Ash laughed weakly before he surrendered to the darkness. He sensed alarm among the gathered but he was already sliding into unconsciousness.