Part 8

Chapter 8:

I left Alberta then, wondering if she really would try to get Rose and Lissa into Victor’s trial. It wasn’t just because of Rose; it was also because I knew how much Victor had hurt Lissa, and how much she wanted to see him locked up. If I had been in her place I would worry myself sick every night wondering if my torturer would walk free, if he would seek me out for revenge.

 But then again if I were Lissa I wouldn’t worry because I knew I had Rose to protect me. And she’s the most selfless and bravest person I’ve ever met.

I made it to the front door of the novice dorms when Stan stormed passed me. On any other day I would have nodded slightly and walked on, but something was wrong. I could tell by the slump in his shoulders and the limp in his step.

“Lost another fight again?” I called after him, smirking a little and letting it vanish before he could see it.

Stan’s eyes were cold and piercing as he looked up at me. I hated the way he met my eyes. It wasn’t the look of an equal, and it most definitely wasn’t in the look of awe, it was as if he were sizing me up, ready to challenge me at any moment. If he and I weren’t guardians at this school, only novice’s like Rose, I would take that challenge and show him who’s stronger. But since I’m above threats and snide comments I lean back against the rocky building and stare down at him, slightly amused.

His eyes narrow as he nears me. “Eddie’s hard to fight.” I nodded; we both were thinking the same thing: Eddie had real experience with Strigoi, conscious or unconscious that event will always stick with Castile.

“He’s hard to catch.” I said as I recalled the fight in the hallway only a few days ago. Eddie was strong, and fast, and it was at that moment I realized he was going to be a killer guardian one day.

Stan rubbed the side of his jaw where he had taken a few hits. “Yeah, well it wasn’t him that I’m mad about.” He stood straight and looked me right in the eye; my whole body screamed threat. “It’s Rose.”

My heart nearly stopped at the sound of her name. Rose? Again? I couldn’t believe it, I knew Rose well enough to know that she would never back down from a fight, and certainly not after a failed one either.

Stan took my silence to his advantage, “I attacked Lissa, and instantly both Rose and Eddie jumped in. Castile got to me first so while we were circling Rose kept following us, waiting for an opening to join him. She left both Moroi unattended. I’m really starting to think Rose has some revenge plot against Christian…”

As Stan continued to talk about the attack and how wrong it was I continued to stand there, frozen. Rose couldn’t possibly be doing badly, she has had experience, I’ve fought her countless number of times in the gym. She has potential and most of all skill. If anything she should be the top student and should be praised for her efforts in keeping her Moroi safe.

If I were in Stan’s position I would have thought Rose to be revengeful and against being Christian’s guardian. I would have had her reported to Kirova again for her lack of efforts in keeping Christian safe.

But I know Rose. She wouldn’t have caused this big of a mistake without a good reason. Whether it was the same as last time I’ll never know. But one thing’s for sure, Rose is a fighter, and she would never back down, especially with Stan involved as her attacker. She probably was trying too hard to regain her position in the field experience, since last time she failed to do anything.

No, Rose would never leave a Moroi unprotected. Spokane is full proof.

“…She was suspicious for not taking action the minute it was handed to her. And now she’s just outright witless weak for---“

Stan didn’t even get to finish before I grabbed hold of his collar and rammed him against the side of the novice building. His eyes widened as I kept him there with his feet dangling in the air. I glared at him, his face level with mine, as I spoke softly, “don’t you ever call Rose stupid.” I hissed, the sound was foreign to me, never before had I known to be capable of such brutality.

Stan cleared his throat not taking his eyes off of me, which said he wanted this, he wanted a fight; knowing I had a soft spot for Rose. And all he had to do was spark it and I would take action. But I didn’t care; Rose wasn’t someone you should make fun of.

He laughed blowing hot foul air in my face. “Belikov, never thought I’d get to see this side of you.”

I smiled down at him. He may think he has won, but I’m stronger, and faster. And the most respected guardian at this school, no one would ever believe him if he chose to tell. I wasn’t afraid of him; he was just another Jesse Zeklos waiting for a chance to strike at a person’s weak spot.

I knew I was going to get in trouble for this, but I didn’t care. Rose would understand.

I shoved him against the stone wall, making him wince and groan in pain. “If I ever hear you call Rose anything she’s not I will personally drive a stake through your heart. And I will enjoy it.”

I released him then, causing him to slump to the floor. He groaned as he managed to sit up, the novices were really taking it hard against him, and now I really damaged whatever strength he had left. Good, he needs to be knocked down a few pegs, especially if Rose ever gets the chance to fight him again. I know she’ll enjoy kicking his ass as much as I did.

I resisted the urge to kick him until he bled; instead I turned on my heel and made my way back to the door. My hand rested on the knob as I turned around and met Stan’s eyes, which were now full of hatred and revenge. My voice was barely a shout, “report this to anyone and I won’t think twice about my threat.”

I opened the novice door that instantly bathed me in a warm yellow glow letting it shut softly behind me, putting a barrier between Stan and me.

______________________________________________________________________

Okay sorry if this chapter was short I have work in 30 minutes and had to cut it short but I hope you liked it! I was literally bouncing up and down full of excitement to write this and show you another side of Dimitri. On what will happen if you mess with his girl(: lol anyways thanks for reading it means so much to me! And now for some shout outs before I go!

Live4Love4Music:

Go read her story One Voice!

Summary:

All cameron wants to do is play music. That's hard when you have a up-tight mother who is totally against it. Cameron's father left when she was eight for unknown reasons and no one has seen him since. When you have music in your blood and in your soul, well....nothings going to stop you now.

Its a humor story so go check it out!

Ripped2abusedPanda:

Thanks for reading all of my Dimitri POV stories and for voting for every single one! This one's for you!

go read her story Aeternum Fidelis it's a paranormal story and is really good!

Summery:

…I stood here in the land of the dead looking down at one specific grave. Nathan Strokes, DOB: July 16, 1994 DOD: October 7, 2010. When I was about to turn around I saw it, a lonely, beautiful red rose that brought all my thoughts back to one thing; the fact that I left the one I love behind…my beautiful torn rose the one I told I hated in a time of anger and betrayal. That is the lie that beckons my heart with pain and sorrow…the one I can no longer take back. Will i ever move on? or will i go deeper into the depression?

sounds good right? I KNOW! Now go read it!

Okay sorry for this long and boring thingy(: thanks for reading and continuing to fall in love with Dimitri and for being addicted to his POV as much as I am! You're amazing!

<3LittleDhampir18