Part 18

Chapter 18:

After leaving Lissa and Rose I headed back to the main dormitories meant for the Court's visitors. The snow had stopped falling and the ground had turned into crunchy ice. The courtyard was filled with Moroi and Dhampir alike. Chatting about the aftermath of Victor's trial.

I slowed down to listen to their views on the situation. Most saw it fitting to throw Victor in jail, while others thought it was cruel to treat one of their own royals this way. I shook my head and was about to walk on when one of the Moroi's conversations caught my attention.

I stopped in the outskirts of the trees, not wanting to be seen eavesdropping. "I don't believe what Victor said about Guardian Belikov and that Hathaway girl."

I slacked against the tree, hopefully everyone had the same thoughts. The other Moroi shook her head. "I don't know, they do seem to be comfortable with each other's closeness. I mean have you seen the way they look at each other? They're not fooling anyone."

My heart sank at that. Could they really think that about Rose and I? Even though I took extra precautions to stay away from her in public. I shook my head and walked away silently. 

I couldn't stop the way I felt about Rose, and I thought I had been hiding it. But if Moroi who have only seen us together for a few mere seconds thought that; then I couldn't imagine what others at the Academy saw.

When I approached the dorms I noticed Alberta standing just outside it's doors. She appeared to be looking for something or someone. When her eyes trailed to mine her face relaxed and she started to walk towards me.

"Belikov." She said with a nod.

"Guardian Petrov, how may I help you?" I bowed slightly and when I looked back up at her brown strands flew loose in my vision, blurring Alberta's figure.

Alberta gave a wave of her hand. "The plane has been delayed, I've been telling everyone from the Academy that I've run into. But I'm afraid my voice can only carry so far. All the guardians know, but the students... I can't find them."

I pictured Rose running around rampant through the Court, knowing she had a few hours to kill. I shook my head at the image and looked back over at Alberta. "I'll ask around and see if anyone has had sight of the kids."

Alberta gave me a small smile. "Thanks Belikov."

I nodded once more and walked past her, back up into the dorms. I needed to pack my stuff before I went novice hunting. And knowing Rose, if she's already heard about the delayment, she'll try to hide in the most random places, not wanting to go back to reality.

I sighed as I put my remaining clothes back into the small bag I had brought for this trip. Once everything was sealed tight I gave it to the guardian next door, instructing him to take it with him once the plane arrives. I was going to be a little late finding the novices.

Once I was out of the dorms I decided to try the food court first. Knowing teenagers, they tended to get hungry. A lot. I passed buildings that resembled the ones in Europe. They were close in similarity to the Academy's. But where ours were fairly new and refurbished. The Court's were transported from England and were ancient.

Small crowds of the Court's towns people milled in front of the food court and I had to weave through the bodies to get to the doors.

Once I opened them and stepped inside I was greeted with loud noises of chatter and plates and utensils scraping against each other. I walked through the halls looking through the windows until I saw a familiar face. I was halfway down the food court when I spotted piercing blue eyes under black hair.