Chapter 6: Jinx's P.O.V.

CHAPTER SIX: JINX’S P.O.V.

I slowly got out of the car only moving enough at the moment to get out of the car and to lean against it. I groaned to myself before I pushed myself away from the car to walk toward Ava who was waiting for me in front of the damn car. I swung and arm around her shoulder knowing I would need the help to get to the house but I wasn’t about to let her know that I needed her help. And so we walked to the house my nerves getting the better of me making me stop just as I had swung the door open. I removed my arms from around Ava to go through the front door first and that’s when a wave of dizziness hit me. I nearly fell to my knees catching a small little shelf that stood in the entry way.

“Somebody help!” Ava cried out as she rushed to my side whispering. “Jinx, stay with me. Don’t pass out.” And at that I looked up at her just as I heard footsteps and my sister came into the room followed by a number of other demons like myself.

The first one saw the condition that both Ava and I were in but she turned to two of the other demons whispering orders to them before they rushed to our side pulling us up and into different rooms to get treated. The hours were long as the lady treated my own wounds but I don’t remember much, I just remember screaming in pain more than once though. I also remember hearing Ava scream my name every time I would scream in pain. I don’t remember the pain, don’t people usually remember that? Any normal people I guess but as anyone could tell I’m not normal.

“Jinx.” The lady that was treating my wound said in a soft voice. “Why don’t you go take a shower or something, get all this blood off of yourself. Just be careful.” And at that she helped me to the bathroom that was connected to the room that I was in.

I would like to tell everyone that lives on this earth….never get in a damn fucking shower when you have a fucking concussion and are drugged up on pain pills. It sucks and I felt as if I had almost fallen down multiple times before but I somehow always managed to get up. Damn I was screwed majorly. But as the time passed I was able to get myself clean then dressed and then to my bed where I flopped down onto it. I hadn’t been here in this room since I was just a boy, before my father had killed my mother but know this room just seemed to foreign to me now. I was just beginning to relax when someone knocked on the door making me groan.

“Go away!” I yelled as loud as I could but then thought better of what I had just said. “Go away unless you are Ava!”

“So does that mean I can come in?” I heard her ask from behind the door.

I somehow managed to get up out of bed so that I could open the door for her but as soon as the door was open I turned my back to her so that I could slump on my bed groaning softly and trying not to show that I was in the slightest of pain.

“So, are you feeling any better?” She asked, setting on the edge of the bed. I smiled into the mattress and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her down beside me. I turned my head to look at her.

“Yeah, great,” I smiled again. She laughed and moved a little farther away from me. “The question is, are you okay?”

“Yeah, the cut on my arm wasn’t that deep and the cut on my head was really just a scratch.” She said, smiling back at me.

“No, I mean with us? You moved away from me when I pulled you down.” I whispered.

She frowned. “Oh, I didn’t mean to. I’m just so used to staying away from you when my body is screaming at me to move closer.” She chuckled. “Kind of ironic how things have turned out for us, huh? These past two years we’ve wanted to kill one another all the while, we were falling in love.”

I frowned and a stab of pain hit my heart at the thought of it. While keeping eye contact with her, I moved my hand to the bottom of her new, clean, shirt and lifted it revealing a long jagged scar across her stomach. A scar I had inflicted. I ran my finger down it.