Chapter 8

My lips were inches from her as her body began to go limp in my arms, I had just stolen the last of her soul which combined with god knows how many others; it all just seemed to give me an all-time high. Grinning to myself I let the woman drop from my arms. I stepped over her dead body realizing I had just finished off the last of the souls in the damn woman’s prison, every last one of them, dead, guards and all. My body pulsed with energy making my soul like high even better than before, but it didn’t let me forget that I had gotten Ava pregnant. Five more days and a baby boy or girl will be born into this fucked up world we all live in. The baby will have a father who’s Prince of all incubus and succubus race and a mother who is Princess of the hunters but is also a succubus. The poor child and at that I screamed at the world! I screamed at myself! I screamed at everything and everyone but Ava, I was that pissed. Everything was MY fault! Everything!

I fell to my knees letting out every fucking emotion that I’ve ever held inside of me. Moments went by of my crying, cussing, and screaming at myself before I stood up. I then stalked out of the jail house before stalking over to my car. Speeding off I had no clue where I was going to go. Not back to Ava…I can’t take her disappointment and anger. I deserve it all. I’m a jackass! I growled to myself before slamming my fist down on the steering wheel. A sign to my left told me exactly where I was. I read it aloud before smirking, “Now leaving Washington.” I knew exactly where I was going now.

Ava’s P.O.V.

“Answer the phone please.” I whispered to myself as I tried calling Jinx for the sixth time. “Please!” I had tears streaming down my cheeks. Around an hour after I found out Jinx left I broke down into tears. I couldn’t do this alone. How was I supposed to? I had no idea how any of this worked.

The woman, whose name, I soon found out, was Macy, said she’d help. Jinx’s father said he would do anything to help but, in his condition, I doubt that would really be anything at all and as the day progressed, so did the growth of my child.

When Jinx didn’t answer, again, I slammed the phone down and stood slowly. After catching my breath, I walked slowly out of my room and into the room they had prepared for my baby while I was out. I leaned against the doorway and starred into the little room. A small smile crept onto my face and I placed a hand on my belly.

“At least I have you, little one.” I whispered.

And as I stood there I looked around seeing something I hadn’t noticed till now, over in the corner on the dresser was a small picture frame that held more than one picture. The frame said love at first sight, and it showed off two pictures out of six that could be held in the frame. The first picture was of Jinx and me before we had become enemies. We had been really good friends and that picture of us was of us sitting on a rock, where I had first meet him. Well technically Jinx was sitting on the rock while I was hugging him from behind. We both shared matching grins as we looked at the camera, or well I was looking at the camera while Jinx was looking at me with love. Why had I never seen this picture before? And then I looked over at the second picture which was of an ultrasound which was probably taken when I was out, yet picking up the frame examining it, I found a note on the back.

Love you!

~Daddy

Tears instantly sprang into my eyes as I reached back and sat down quickly in the comfy rocking chair. Crying and starring at the note, I realized why he must have left. He was scared, not of being a father but of what he was going to do to us like his father did to his mother.

“Oh, Jinx.” I whispered as I stroked the note. “Come home.

Jinx’s P.O.V.

I rubbed at my eyes, glaring at the dark road before me. I turned quickly onto the gravel road I had been searching for. Once the road led me to where I needed to be I pared and quickly climbed from the car before running through the graveyard, falling to my knees before a heart shaped tombstone.

“Mom,” I whispered, tears springing to my eyes. “What am I supposed to do here?” I was hoping for an answer that I knew I would never get but I thought I could feel her presents, no that couldn’t happen, not when your soul was stolen by an Incubus. Knowing that I let the tears come. “Mom,” My voice was cracking now. “I don’t want to do to my child or to Ava like dad did to you. I could never forgive myself.” Tears just poured faster down my face. “Mom I need you. You little boy needs you.”

The wind picked up around me as I dug my fingers into the dirt as angry tears slipped down cheeks.

“Oh, Jinx.” A voice whispered and my head snapped up to see in my mother’s tombstone was an image of Ava. She sat in a rocking chair, the picture with my note on the back in her hands, tears running down her face making my heart clench at the sight of her swollen stomach. “Come home.” She whispered.

It had to be my imagination. I thought to myself before the world around me began to blacken. The last thing I saw before me as I passed out was my mother’s fully alive face.

I awoke with someone staring down at me and that’s when I realized that I was still in the graveyard. Sitting up, the person was still there and when my vision focused I saw my father.

“You should be in bed.” I mumbled blinking at the morning sun.

“And you should be home with your pregnant girlfriend.” He countered back in the same voice. This is what I get for being my father’s son.

I looked away from him and at my mother’s grave whispering. “What if I do the same thing you did to mom?”

My father kneeled down beside me. “I figured you were here for that reason but Jinx we have no idea that it will or won’t happen.”

I shook my head and sighed heavily. “How long have I been gone?” I asked as I continued to read the words on the stone over and over again. ‘Loving mother, wife, and friend’.

He coughed before answering. “Three days.”

“What?” I almost yelled in shock. That meant that I had been out for almost two days.

“Oh, and by the way.” My father said as he turned to walk away. “It’s a girl.”