Chapter One (Lachlan)

Wednesday, 11:00pm [Brisbane, Australia]

The full moon glowed bright in the dark night sky, sending a faint beam of light into my car, illuminating my now red face.

I rested my head on the top of my steering wheel, tears rolling down my burning cheeks like a waterfall.

I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't live this way anymore. I couldn't continue with same old lie.

Every time I try, it just ends up hurting more and more. More then the many times I've sent a blade to my bare wrists.

I just laid my seat back and closed my eyes, trying to prevent the rest of the tears from escaping their prison, when I heard soft vibration coming from my phone.

Skype: Rob-a-dob-flob is video calling

"Shit." I muttered, rubbing my jacket against my tear stained face.

I don't want to decline him, but he can't see me like this, he shouldn't have to feel sorry for my screwed up feelings.

I put on a fake smile, the fake smile I use in almost every recording these days, and slowly answered the call.

"Hey Lachlan!" Rob said, as I'm propped my phone on the dash of my car.

I made sure to put in in angle where the light doesn't hit my face as bad, so he wouldn't see the water glistening in my eyes.

"Hey, dude. How's it going?" I asked, the smile on my face causing my heart to ache even more then before.

Will the fakeness ever end?

The second those words left my mouth Rob's face grew gloomy.

"Lachlan, you always answer our Skype calls saying 'mate' not 'dude'." He said, worry in his voice.

I kept forcing the ends of my lips upwards as he hesitated with his words. How did I let that slip by me, why does he even pay attention to the little details?

"How was your date tonight?" He asked softly.

How? How could he tell it was the date that upset me?

His words took me by surprise. I felt my eye lids squeeze shut and I took a deep breath, trying to control my emotions.

But it didn't work. It never works.

The tears were now pouring in my eye lids and I had to let them go. It feels even worse to hold the tears in.

"Terrible! It went terrible. We were having a great time, but I just didn't feel it! I can't feel it, no matter how hard I try." I was now sobbing, as I grasped hair, messing up my styled blonde swoosh .

I tried my best to cope with my sadness, but I just wanted to bang my head on the windshield. I wanted o something to release the frustration.

"Shh, shh it's ok Lachy. It's ok!" Rob soothed, trying to calm my uncontrollable crying.

His face was now blurred by my tears and his voice became muffle by the thoughts in my head and the words coming out of my mouth.