Steve x Reader

A/N ; first one shot in a while... No warnings besides cuteness (: enjoy

*

"Just drink a little more then you can sleep-" Steve whispered to the baby girl in his arms.

You watched from the doorway with a small smile on your face as your husband tried getting your new born to sleep. She gurgled slightly and latched her small hand into his pinky before squirming slightly.

"Please Babygirl..." He said trying hard to stay patient and do it on his own.

You walks over and hugged him from behind feeling his stressed muscles relax slightly at your touch. Your daughter began drooling slightly which Steve wiped effortlessly and began burping her.

"She's just not hungry?" He said frowning slightly at the fact that she never seemed to eat when he fed her.

"I'm sure it's just some mother attachment issue." You muttered letting go of him and turning the music box on.

"It doesn't make me feel better." He said setting his little girl down in her crib.

You sighed and walked out of the room with him before cupping his cheeks slightly.

"Steven, don't you dare do this again." You said.

He let out a little unsure breathe and frowned. Sure (Y/D/N) hadn't warmed up to him yet but it took her forever to warm up to anyone for that matter.

*

It was the middle of the night when the baby monitor was going off next to your bed. A little groan escaped your lips as you walked out to the nursery and scooped your daughter up.

"Shhh, mommy is here." You said rubbing her delicate back.

She didn't calm at all and you sleepily rocked her hoping for some progress but still; nothing. After a few more restless minutes Steve appeared in the doorway catching your daughters twinkling blue eyes. He smiled softly at her hoping to comfort her and in that instant their bond truly formed.

"That's it baby-" You said thinking you'd finally reached success when in reality it was the goofy faces Steve was making to bring a toothless smile to the infants face.

When she began giggling you pulled her away and stared confused until Steve's strong arms wrapped around your waist and nuzzles your neck.

"I think she likes me." He mumbled.

(Y/D/N) latched onto Steve and in an instant fell peacefully back to sleep.

"I think she does." You said smiling as he dozes off in a chair with her cradled in his arms.

*