the king of TitanMart

Mr. Reiss didn't say anything at first.

Jean and Marco instantly knew something was wrong and broke their kiss. But it was too late.

"Mr. Reiss, I--" Marco started.

"I don't want your explanation. You're both fired!" His mouth was held in a tight frown.

Marco looked devastated. He looked at Jean, and closed his eyes before giving a short sigh and standing up. "Mr. Reiss, it was my fault. I came onto Jean. I deserve the blame. I should be fired." He swallowed shakily.

Mr. Reiss looked at him skeptically, pausing for a while to cause tension between everyone. "Fine. I won't fire squinty-eyes over here. But I don't want you in my sight anymore. Get out." Marco scurried out the door, and ran around the building and out of sight. "Disgusting," the CEO muttered as he headed away from us towards Mr. Smith's office. It was obvious he wanted us to hear it.

Jean waited until he was out of sight and ran out the door. I followed him and Eren was close behind.

"Marco...?" Jean yelled.

Marco was sitting against the wall next to the door, sobbing. Onlookers gave weird looks but kept moving.

"Marco!" Jean shouted, rushing over to hug his boyfriend. Tears were threatening to show on his face. "I'm so sorry," he whispered in his ear. Me and Eren went over to sit on the other side of Marco.

"No, I'm sorry, Jean. I shouldn't have done something so reckless."

"Marco. You don't need to apologize. It was my fault, I was the one who was reckless." He sighed, hugging Marco tighter.

I looked over at Eren, who was still new to the whole 'Jean being gay' thing. He looked very uncomfortable.

I patted Jean's back, "Jean, we should go back inside before the CEO gets back."

Jean hesitated, but nodded, apologizing again to his boyfriend. He pecked Marco on the cheek before standing up, rubbing the tears from his eyes, and stepped back in the store.

Jean gave Mr. Reiss a strange look as he passed, but he didn't seem to notice. Jean continued into the boss' office, not bothering to knock. "Mr. Smith, could I please go on sick leave? I--" he stopped when he saw Erwin packing things into a box.

"Ask Mike. I got demoted."

***
"Yeah, I know. Mr. Reiss is really homophobic. Poor Historia." Jean said once we were sitting down again. Mike didn't let him go home sick, so he couldn't see Marco until his shift was over. When I gave him a confused look, he explained, "Mr. Reiss is Historia's dad."

I sighed. Why is there so much drama on the day I get here? Am I bad luck? Or is it always like this? Next thing you know there's gonna be a robbery.

"Yeah. Poor Historia."

***
Jean had to work with us for the rest of his shift. So we went off to the storage room to ask Mikasa what she needed help with.

"Hi Mikasa," Jean sighed.

Mikasa looked up, ready to criticize Jean but stopped when she noticed the sad look on his face and the absence of Marco on his hip. "What happened?"

Jean brought his brown eyes to meet Mikasa's concerned gaze. He gulped. He seem devastated, not at all how I thought he would react. When I first met him earlier that day he seemed like someone with only one emotion: anger. But I guess every person is complex in their own way. They act differently in respect to different people, and you can't just categorize them into one type of person.

Eren finally answered for Jean, who couldn't seem to keep his composure long enough to speak. "Marco got fired. Not sure why Jean is so worked up about it, though."

"It's all my fault! If only I hadn't been trying to prove a point... Marco needs this job to help pay the bills! His mom has to raise him and his sister all on her own and Marco just wanted to help her. Now no one will hire him, that monster is so powerful in this town, I'm sure every business owner in the state knows what happened!" He yelled, getting a bit too close to Eren.

Eren brought his hands up in defense. "Look, I'm sorry, man. I didn't mean anything by it."

Mikasa stood and stepped over to Jean, and put a hand on his shoulder. He tensed a bit from her touch but didn't object. "Jean, come sit down." He looked up at her and shook his head.

"No, I just need some cooling down. I'm fine, just leave me alone." He brushed Mikasa's hand away and walked out.

Mikasa looked between Eren and myself, looking for an answer to what happened, but neither of us knew.

***

"Eren? Can I ask you something?"

Eren lifted his head from a low shelf. "Sure?"

I swallowed, I knew it might be too personal but I needed to know. "What's your relationship with Jean?"

He didn't answer for a bit, then moved his gorgeous eyes to look back at the shelf. "Isn't it obvious? We're arch enemies," he muttered, trying not to add any emotion to his answer.

I ignored the obvious lie and went back to work.