7

(A/N: ok I have literally no excuse for not updating in a long time except for I'm a first time Trials and Tribulations reader and I've been spending all of my time reading that instead of working on this. Forgive me. I've heard so many things about it and after so long I finally decided to give it a go. I apologize. Also the picture is what all the girls are currently wearing that day cuz y not lol. So yah. I promise I'm continuing this. Ok. Yah. Nice. Ok. Here were go. Hope you enjoy!)

"CHANCHOOOO" said Dinah as she flopped onto Camila's bed. "YES CHEECHEE?" "Showww us your sooong" Ally was already grabbing Camila's guitar whilst normani and Dinah were sitting criss cross apple sauce on Camila's bed. Camila smiled and rolled her eyes, talking the guitar from Ally. Ally joined the girls on her bed. Camila climbed onto the end of the bed, facing the girls. "Ok it's not that good and I don't have that much yet.." "JUST SING" screamed the girls. Camila turned to her guitar and started strumming. "If you could take my pulse right now it would feel just like a sledgehammer
I don't admit it
I play it cool
But every minute
That I'm with you
I feel a fever
And I won't lie
I break a sweat
My body's tellin
All the secrets I ain't told you yet
I struggle to contain
The love that's in my veins
And how it circulates
If you could take my pulse right now it would feel just like a sledgehammer
"Ayyee" said Dinah as the chorus began. The three girls were dancing, or at least moving their arms spontaneously since they were still sitting"
If you could feel my heartbeat now it would hit you like a sledgehammer
You're taking over the beat of my body
You just don't let up, don't let up
You're taking over the beat of my body but you lift me up lift me up
If you could take my pulse right now it would feel just like a sledgehammer.

Camila stopped playing, and looked up, smiling. All the girls were cheering and clapping. "That was SO good!" Said ally. "Oh my gosh that was amazing MILAA!" Said Mani. "Girls we have to work on this." Said Dinah. All the girls agreed. "I-ah I don't have anything else yet it's-" "MILA IT WAS FANTASTIC AND WE SHALL WORK ON WHAT YOU HAVE SO FAR." Said Dinah. They knew how self conscious Camila was about her voice and her music. She smiled. They were the only ones she ever sang for. Her own mother had never heard her sing. The girls worked on perfecting their vocals on the song for about an hour before their voices began to tire. "Guys we still seriously need a lower harmony." Said Normani. "I know, none of us can hit that comfortably." Said Ally. "Example A, who was the chick next door Mila? Can she sing?" Asked Dinah. "Ok guys I don't just go up to girls and immediately ask them if they can sing she just moved in! Also I don't think she's our age....she wouldn't have a house of her own." "I'm not your age." Said Ally. "Yah but you're in college. She already has her own house." Said Camila. "Well. She may not have gone to college." Said Mani. "Ok true- it's just. I have a feeling okay. It just doesn't make since." "Well we'll never know if you don't ask?" Said Ally. "I just. Guys. Ugggg. I'll ask her sometime. Maybe. I don't want to just add someone to the group." Dinah dramatically fell off of the bed and onto the floor "I just really want a lower voice to be added." She said, her voice muffled into the carpet. Camila opened her mouth to respond but was interrupted by a knock on her door. "Camila?" "It's open" Camila's mother came in "oh hello girls!" Everyone waved "HIII SINU" said Dinah, still lying face down on the floor, not even lifting her head from the ground. "Camila honey have you noticed we have a new neighbor?" Camila felt her we twitch. "Yes. I have." "Good! Well, I made some cookies I want you to bring them to their house and welcome them." All the girls turned to Camila, smirking. Camila clenched her jaw. "K." Her mother handed her a tub of cookies. "Wait go do it now?" "Sí, Mija." Camila sighed and stood from her bed, cookies in hand. "I'll come!" Said Dinah, quickly standing. "We will too!" The other girls followed. Camila squinted her eyes at them. Normani wiggled her eyebrows poking fun at her. The girls all walked over to Lauren's house. The girls stood in Lauren's driveway a few feet away front the driveway, watching Camila from afar. Camila rang the doorbell. Her heart's pace picking up for some weird reason. After a few seconds she heard footsteps and the door unlocking. The door opened and Lauren stood in front of her. She wore a beanie yet again and what Camila assumed was another singer or band tee, and shorts. "Hiiiii" Camila held out the hi a little too long. Camila kicked herself in her mind. "Hey Camila, what's up?" Asked Lauren, a smile on her face. Camila held out the tub of cookies. "My mom made cookies to welcome you." Lauren gratefully took the cookies. "Awe tell her I say thanks!" Lauren looked over Camila's shoulder at her friends who were watching them from afar. "Nice friends?" Lauren chuckled. Camila turned around and noticed how they were all watching intently with big smirks on their face. They probably looked creepy to Lauren. "Ah, yeah, sorry they're weirdos." Lauren laughed. "It's fine, they look really nice." They both stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds. "Well, thanks again!" "Mhm" Lauren smiled one last time before closing the door. Camila awkwardly stood there before turning around and returning to her friends where she was almost immediately ambushed with questions. "What's her name?" "How old was she?" "She looked pretty!" "What did you talk about?" Camila waited until they were back in the house and into her room tom answer. "Guys! I didn't ambush her with questions like you all currently are, I just gave her the cookies!" "Well what's her name?????" Asked Ally. Camila still question wether or not she should tell them she was her teacher. For some reason Camila didn't want them to know. She didn't know why. Something just seemed really special about this Lauren, even though she barely knew her at all. "Her name is Lauren." She said quietly. "Well. That's something" said Normani. "Ok guys can we watch a movie now or something?" Asked Camila, wanting to change the subject. "Ooh can we watch a show instead? I wanna binge watch the 100." Asked Dinah. "YES." Responded the others.