Family

"Oh, Lucy, she's so cute!" Juvia squealed as she held Lucy and Natsu's daughter. "What's her name?"

"Nashi," Natsu answered proudly as Juvia continued to bounce the giggling infant.

"Isn't Nashi cute, Gray-sama?" She turned to the Ice mage. He nodded.

"Mm-hmm." Juvia held up Nashi.

"Do you want to hold her?"

"No!" Natsu snatched the infant away from Juvia. "No way Ice Princess gets to hold her!"

"Natsu!" Lucy scolded her husband. "Just let Gray hold her!"

"But Lucy!" Natsu whined. Lucy sent him a withering glare. "Fine." He mumbled after a moment. He reluctantly handed Nashi over to Gray. Lucy helped him adjust his grip on Nashi while Natsu stood uncomfortably close to Gray and watched him like a hawk. As soon as Lucy let go, Nashi burst into tears. Natsu laughed loudly. "See? Not even Nashi wants to be close to Ice Princess!"

"Oh, ha ha." Gray said sarcastically while waving his fingers. A tiny butterfly made of ice appeared and fluttered around Nashi's head. Her eyes widened and she reached up, trying to touch its delicate wings. Nashi began to giggle, and Gray sent Natsu a smug grin. Natsu grumbled to himself and took Nashi from him.

"Okay that's enough," He told Gray. "Traitor." He whispered to the baby currently clutching onto his scarf.

"Not my fault she likes me more." Gray remarked.

"Why you—!"

"Natsu!" Natsu froze and turned to Lucy with a sheepish smile. She scowled at him and he gulped nervously. "I think it's best we go home. It's Nashi's naptime anyway." She took Nashi from a pouting Natsu. "Bye everyone!" She said goodbye and left with a grumbling Natsu following behind. Gray sat down in Lucy's spot.

"Who would've though Flame Brain would have a family before the rest of us?" He grumbled next to her. She shrugged. "You know..." She looked at him as she took a sip from her drink. "I wouldn't mind having a little one of our own one day." Juvia choked on her drink. She set her cup down as she coughed. Gray started hitting her back as she continued to hack. When she finally cleared her throat, she collapsed against the back of her seat, gasping. "Are you okay?"

"Juvia is fine, just a little...surprised." She admitted.

"Sorry, I guess it was kind of a stupid idea, wasn't it!"

"Oh no, not at all!" She exclaimed. She quieted down and continued with a blush. "Juvia was actually thinking about suggesting the same thing."

"Really?"

"Well, yes. We've been together for a while, and after seeing Gray-sama play with Nashi, Juvia thought—Wha! Gray-sama, what are you doing!" Gray had picked her up and was walking towards the guild doors.

"We're starting a family." He told her bluntly. Juvia blushed and hid her face in Gray's chest. "Oi, Gajeel! You're gonna owe me 200 Jewel!" He shouted over his shoulder without waiting for a reply.

"How many people did Gray-sama make bets with?" She asked.

"...Don't make me change my mind about having a family." He blushed as he avoided the question. Juvia giggled as they continued on home.