[eleven]

eleven

I traveled a lot as a kid—on family road trips mostly. I never owned a passport, though. I never traveled overseas, never even crossed the border from America to Canada. Living in New York City and never crossing to Canada was considered pretty odd. I simply didn't have a want.

Anyways, we were flying to Europe. We were on a big, tin can flying across a vast, blue ocean. At any moment, we could crash into the waters and never be seen again. Isn't that weird? I don't really wanna die sitting next to Luke.

Luke got the window seat and I didn't complain. He had his eyes closed, but I knew he was still awake. I could see his mouth subconsciously moving along to the music playing from his earbuds. Of all the things Luke didn't care about, music was not one of them. Luke loved music, Luke is music.

"Can you stop staring at me?" He asked, opening his right eye and taking out an earbud. He gave me a nasty side-eye, as if my vision even coming close to him bothered him.

"I was looking outside, actually," I pointed out, making eye contact with him. "Sorry, Princess."

"I'm not a princess." Luke reached in front of him, grabbing the glass of red wine and sipping at it slowly.

I could barely drink water on this flight without feeling the urge to vomit. My hands were gripping onto my phone so tightly, it might be on the verge of snapping. iPhone's are getting thinner and thinner and I'm getting more and more klutzy. It's honestly not my fault at this point.

Rockstar boy looked down at my hands, seeing my knuckles and veins popping. "Are you about to throw up? Can you aim towards someone else?"

I glared up at him, "No."

"The worst thing that could happen is we all go down in a fire-y mess. We're all gon' die one day, Michael." He sipped at his wine again, closing his eyes. His eyelashes fluttered so peacefully upon his cheekbones, I didn't understand how such a mean human could be so beautiful.

"You're really good at comforting. I'm so glad to be sitting next to you."

Luke rolled his eyes and held out his hand, offering his drink to me. "Loosen up."

I wasn't a party kid. I didn't go to college and live in a frat. I didn't have many friends in high school who wanted to waste their Friday nights getting drunk. I didn't drink. I legally wasn't allowed to drink in America, and never thought about trying to.

There were always many opportunities with my low-key alcoholic of a boss, but I never really wanted to. It's not that I didn't think I was responsible, I just didn't really care.

Luke moved the glass closer to me, his knuckles almost hitting my own. "Come on, Baby Boy."

"I'm not a baby," I grumbled, taking it from his hands. I brought it to my mouth, taking a small sips of the bitter drink.

"You are a baby," he responded, smiling to himself. "So small, so fragile." Luke leant back in his seat, taking out his other earbud and looking over at me.

I took another sip, a fuller one this time. "I'm supposed to be working, I can't drink 24/7 like you."

"Oh, man. You really got me there." He put a hand to his chest, faking hurt. "What are you? Fourteen? Fifteen?"

"I'm nineteen." Suddenly, my age didn't seem that old. Maybe my age never seemed that old. I was able to vote, I was able to ink up my skin, I was able to join the army—excluding my poor eyesight and asthma.

Luke low-whistled, "Wow, you proved me wrong." He crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes still scanning me over, watching me drink his drink. "I barely remember being nineteen," the twenty-six year old said.

"Sure."

He reached over, grabbing the apples of my cheeks. "You're so cute and tiny," he said in his baby voice.

I pushed him off, "I am not."

He leant his elbow on the arm rest of his chair, cupping his face with his hands. "I gave you your first drink, I could be a lot of firsts for you, isn't that right?"

I laughed, "Nice try, Sweetie." I leant closer to him, still sipping at his wine. "Just because you haven't been laid in a while doesn't mean I haven't." I finished his wine, tilting my head back to get the last drops.

Luke didn't say anything, didn't even move. He didn't defend himself, he just watched me move around my seat.

I've never seen Luke go into pure silence, but it made me feel quite proud. I, Michael G. Clifford, was able to shush Luke up. 

Luke and Mike's relationship will get cute and fluffy, just wait a bit, alright. 

Thoughts on their relationship so far?

What do you want to happen?