[twenty seven]

twenty seven

Alex and I sat in Luke's hotel room trying to conduct another interview with him. I had a lot to do in the next month and a half, Jack has high expectations for me. I don't know why he does, I've never once showed up to work on time.

He needs to lower his expectations, especially when it comes to me. Yeah, I get stuff done, but it's usually on my terms.

I switch tabs on my computer as I try to find more questions. Luke wasn't answering many of the ones I was asking. He'd give me quick yeah or not really. I couldn't do much with that.

Of all the hours in the week he needs to be pissed off, I'm not sure why this hour had to be one of them. I don't understand why some metaphorical God hates me.

Alex furrows his eyebrows as Luke blanks out on a question about his first album. "Did something happen between you two?"

I fidgeted around in my spot on the end of his bed, not answering him. I don't think he wanted to know that I literally came on Luke's face more than once, that's not something a thirty-some year old manager wants to know. I kind of understood how Luke felt at that exact second—the whole not wanting to respond.

I felt uncomfortable and I wondered if this was how Luke felt constantly. Uncomfortable in his own skin, in his own existence.

"Luke, what the hell, man? It's been, like, nine weeks!"

The blonde rolls his eyes and sighs, "I'm just tired. Nothing happened. I didn't corrupt his little brain."

"Wow, alright," I said quietly. I licked over my chapped lips and ran a hand through my hair. "Do you want to end for the night?"

"You haven't got one answer from him," Alex said, angry. Alex was constantly disappointed with his client.

"It's fine, he's tired." I closed out of my tabs, setting my computer to sleep.

Alex folded his arms over one another. "I'm sorry, Michael, he gets like this—."

"I'm not a child," Luke interrupted, his tone just as annoyed as his manager's, "I can speak for myself."

"Yeah? Where was your voice the last 15 minutes? Your pissy impression is going to come off in every single word he writes. Do you even realize that? Do you even care?"

Alex was being harsh, but I understood where it was coming from. Luke is kind of a dick and I have a strong feeling that he hasn't always been a dick. I think he used to be a true, compassionate soul.

He simply isn't anymore. Alex can't accept that this boy he cares for like a son isn't happy anymore.

People change. Alex can't possibly hope for Luke to stay the same.

"Leave." Luke closed his eyes and leant his head against the dark wood headboard.

Alex didn't argue, he got up and made eye contact with me. I was ready to follow him when Luke's weak voice requested me to stay.

I did just that. I watched the brunette leave with a click of the lock before I turned back around. .

I moved my laptop and bag over to the desk before getting into bed with Luke. I didn't touch him, I gave him his personal space.

All I did was simply lay on the right side of the bed and watch his breathing rise and fall from his lips. He needed another soul keeping him alive. He's the type to know too well that the most destruction thing a human being can do is give their happiness to someone else. "Are you tired?"

He shook his head, "I'm just not in the right mood to talk."

I nodded.

I leant over him, turning off the bedroom light. We were left in darkness, no city lights protruding from the three layers of shut blinds. I made sure he was tucked in underneath the covers before I made myself comfortable.

We stayed like that through the night and into the morning. I laid next to him and he stared at the ceiling wishing he was somewhere else. He was a real-life sad song. 

 I am thinking about doing a spin-off about Ashton.....idk tho, what do you think?

If I did, what would you want  to happen?