Chapter 3:ketamine

"What h...happened?"I stuttered to Brinkley.No response from him."Brinkley?"I said."I had to they where turning corrupted"He mumbled."what do you mean they where turning corrupted?"."THEY WHERE BITTEN I HAD TO KILL THEM!"he shouted.I was shocked Brinkley has never yelled.He saw the shock in my eyes and apologize.Although I accepted his apology I was still trying to get over the fact he killed mom and dad."tell me what happened after I left"I said sternly."it was at night after you left.We heard a knock we opened the door to find a hoard of them".He said while crying."a hoard of what" I asked confused."A hoard of demon dogs".He told me how mom and dad hid Brinkley they thought they would be safe.He said how he saw the demon dogs rip their flesh off their bodies.
Once he finish I got up but my body felt weak.I felt something sucking on my flesh.I realized that it was a blood sucker.These pesky slugs could kill me in a minute.Good thing I realized earlier."Let's go"I said removing the blood sucker."Where we going"said Brinkley."to get some answers"I said while cutting the blood suckers teeth.I then put it to a jar.These little critters are good for removing poison once they have no teeth.
We walked down the path heading towards an elderly scholar.The path was piled with bones,dead leaves,and dead branches.A scholar is a mortal that instead of learning magic had spent his lifetime on learning all about our mysterious world.From the simplest thing of how plants grow to something as complex as the earths ability to sustain life they knew it all.Yet there where people much more intelligent then a scholar and that was an elderly scholar.They could conquer all the knowledge in the universe.They have been said to be here since the ages of time.There is one who stands against all.Her name is ketamine.She is the first elder scholar and all of the universe questions could be answered by her.
We encountered many obstacles towards her.Yet we made it through.We knocked on the big wooden door.A few seconds later the door opened just enough for us to get through.A old lady was standing there She had long tangled grey hair,a green cloak,but what was more interesting was the necklace she was wearing.I then remember about the amulet in the necklace it was a shard of amethyst.The chosen one gave it to her.It was a sign that when he needed answers she would be there for him.I wondered if she's helping him right now."hello"said the old lady."Hello"I plainly responded.'How may I help you?"she asked."Can I see ketamine"I responded."that is me"with a smile in her face.She asked my name and Brinkley's.I told her our names.I told her how I could bring peace back to the world.She told me of 6 heroes that could be gathered and stop the chaos.I asked her how I could help.She told me I had to gather them one by one.She handed me a small Crystal.She said that the brighter it glows the closer I am to a hero."Thank you"I said."not so fast I need a payment" she said."I don't have any money".I told her."Then I want your brother to be my apprentice"she said with a grin."What?why?"I asked with a worried face.