Scene XXVI

I can't help but laugh. Maybe I was the good kisser. Though I never expected I'd ever be kissed awake by Jean, despite the fact that it's happened almost every time he's kissed me on set. I'd end up coming back to my senses in the middle of acting, upset each and every time because I am not emotionally affected by horseface kissing me. Absolutely not.

"Well," he says, "There's someone I want you to meet."

So, he's going to ignore the fact that he just kissed me? Not that it matters. If he doesn't care, neither do I.

Jean steps away and allows me room to get out of the car. Upon stepping out, I hear a high pitched and excited screech.

"Oh, Erennn!"

Suddenly I'm being embraced by small but strong arms. I look down to see a blonde head of hair. Striking blue eyes and a sharp face smile up at me.

"Ugh, you're so cute. You and Jean both. Please marry him."

"What?" I ask, doubting her sanity.

Jean chuckles nervously.

"Okay, Annie! You don't have to do that."

Annie squeezes me hard enough to make it difficult to breathe, and I attempt to wiggle myself out of her embrace. She lets go of me herself, and I sigh before inhaling deeply and returning the lost oxygen to my lungs.

"Wow, Annie, you are strong," I breathe.

"Thanks! Gotta make sure to keep the fuckboys away, you know!"

Kinda vulgar, too. It's sorta unusual for a girl...but then again, I'm sure she's just carefree enough to speak her mind.

"Wait, you're the Annie that horseface was in love with?" I ask, suddenly remembering.

This is his type?

"Yeah, that's me. And you're the Eren horseface is currently-"

"ANNIE!" Jean yells.

"-living with." She finishes.

I tilt my head confused, as the two of them exchange weird looks. They're obviously conversing about something Jean finds really serious.

I find myself wishing I were part of the conversation. Can it be called a conversation when no words are actually being exchanged? Clearly, they understand one another, though. It would be nice to achieve that level of intimacy with someone...I mean, Connie can read me easily, but I'm not so sure about him. Usually I'd be able to, but since I got this job, I haven't really gotten the chance to....be...with...him...

My thoughts digress as I remember what happened earlier today. Oh god.

Oh god.

"Eren?" Jean and Annie question simultaneously.

I wanted to be able to converse without words, and now here I am talking to myself with nothing but facial expressions that are now confusing the horseface and the tiny assassin.

"Nothing, I..."

"He's really too cute," she says, turning to Jean as if I'm not in their presence.

"Uh, yeah, okay, let's go ahead inside," Jean replies, eager to get inside.

Or maybe eager to just end the conversation.

He goes ahead and turns the key to "our place" which really belongs to the director.

He walks inside and I turn to Annie.

"Would you like any help with your bags?" I ask, attempting to be polite. I really don't want to, but I don't know this girl, and it's the nice thing to do.