CHAPTER 3

" When are we going to tell them?" I asked Jason as we sat comfortably on the fire escape.

"I'm not really sure how to tell them Ren."

"They really miss you you know." I said turning to face him. A bitter smile graced his lips.

"I know. Layla would be 3 by now wouldn't she?"

"She's Four actually."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's almost like she knows you've been gone but she can quite remember who you are."

"Do you think she'll like me?"

"I wouldn't doubt it. I better get back to the manor or they will probably start to worry."

"I miss the manor."

"Then come with me."

"I'm not sure I can do that"

"Tim would probably have a heart attack."

"Tim?"

"Bruce took him in after his dad died. He's the new Robin now. Your his idol."

"Bruce got a new Robin?"

"He needed someone to keep him from doing something rash." Jason was silent.

"We'd better get going if we're going to go." We stood up and Jason wrapped his right arm tightly around me.

"You'd better hold on tight" He said pulling his grappling gun from his belt. I buried my head into his chest and squeezed him tight and soon felt the familiar sensation of being pulled through the air. Once my feet touched the ground I pulled my face out of his chest to see that we were in a small alley and against the wall was a red motorcycle. He motioned for me to climb on behind him and I did.

"Do you mind if I stop at one of my safe houses on the way. I'm not sure Bruce would appreciate my attire."

"I take it The Batman and The Red Hood have some differencing in opinion?"

"You have no idea."

"Does he know it's you?"

" Not yet."

Jay started the engine and sped out of the ally.

"I noticed you carry guns now." I said with a small smile. Jason always preferred guns. It makes much more sense to eliminate the enemy then to just keep waiting for them to break out of Arkham.

"One of the perks of being your own person. Speaking of your own person, What happened to Red Wing?"

" It's been 2 years since those wings have spread over Gotham."

" Do you miss it?"

" How could I not? It's been a part of my life for years."

Jason parked the bike outside of an apartment building and hopped of the bike and I followed.
"Sorry for the mess in advance." He said practically kicking open the door. Weapons were spread all over the small apartment. I walked over to the counter and picked up one of the silver weapons and turned it in my hand. A sloppy R was engraved on the blade. These were one of my old throwing knives. I smiled down at it, he still had it just like I still had one of his Bird-a-rangs. I looked around the room for a target and found one hanging on the wall by the door. I grasped the handle tightly and with one deep breath I threw it at the target missing the center by 1 inch. Jason walked out of what I was assuming to be his room with a smirk.

"Still as badass as ever."

"My aim is off." I stated blandly.

"Your out of practice that's all. Well let's get this over with." he said grabbing a leather jacket off of the couch. His sense of style hasn't changed much. He had on a red t shirt, a brown leather jacket, jeans, and combat boots. The only difference from the last time I saw him was that he looked older and he had a white streak in his bangs that i'm going to assume was a side effect of the lazarus pit.

"The only thing you have to worry about is Sonya and Dick crushing you." He smiled and we walked out the door and sped on our way to the manor.

~~~~~~

Sorry its a crappy chapter but its been a while.

Comment any ideas that you have and stay awesome  ~ NIKKI ; D