Chapter 4

~Chapter 4~

            I felt something beside the water and cringed. He wasn’t going to let me die! He would torture me for the rest of whatever was left of my life. His hands grabbed me. But they weren’t His hands. They were stronger, bigger, but kinder and softer too. Everything came rushing back. It wasn’t Him at all who had thrown me in the water. He was far behind and He would never find me. The hands pulled me out of the water and I immediately started coughing the water out and trying to suck air in. Whoever pulled me out of the water set me down on the beach. They crouched in front of me but I couldn’t see who it was because I was crying and my eyes stung from the salt water. When I could finally see, I was shocked to see Paul sitting in front of me. He wasn’t looking at me though. He was looking above me. He got up.

            “How could you do that to her?” he yelled. I turned around and saw Jacob, Tyler, and Jason. They were all looking at the ground. “Why would you do that to her? Couldn’t you see she was scared? Couldn’t you see how terrified she was?” his voice getting quieter with each question. Jacob looked at him confused.

            “He doesn’t know what’s going on.” Tyler said, gesturing to Jacob. “You know how he gets. We chased after him and tried to stop him, but we were too late.”

            “That’s not an excuse as to why you didn’t go in and get her?” Paul said, his voice rising again. “She could’ve died if I hadn’t come.” he whispered the last part.

            “We thought she’d be able to get herself out of the water. We assumed she knew how to swim.” Tyler said, getting frustrated. I looked down, embarrassed. I did know how to swim. I just, couldn’t. Not after what happened with Him. “Let’s go get you cleaned up.” Tyler said to Jacob and grabbed his arm, helping him up the beach. Jason finally looked up into my eyes. He looked like he wanted to say something, but Tyler called to him. Paul crouched back down, looking into my eyes.

            “How can you stay with a guy like that?” he asked quietly, looking away.

            “I-Because-” I couldn’t think of anything to say. “Because I love him.” I said, because it was all I could come up with. Paul looked into my eyes and was about to say something, but just shook his head and stood up. He offered me his hand and helped me up. As soon as I was standing, he picked me up; carrying me up the beach. I laid my head on his chest; listening to his heartbeat and feeling the rhythm of his walk. I shivered. He stopped and set me down; taking off his coat and wrapping it around me. He carried me all the way all the way back to the room and laid me down on my bed. I was almost asleep when I sat up to give Paul his jacket back. He softly pushed me back down.

            “Just go to sleep.” he whispered. “Just go to sleep.” He started walking out, but I grabbed his hand and opened my eyes.

            “Please don’t leave.” I whispered, barely audible.

            “Never.” he said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He stroked my hair back. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to him stroking my hair with one hand, and holding my hand with the other.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hey, I'm soooooooooooo sorry for not updating for like, a month? I don't even know! School just started back up and I have sooooo busy and I feel so bad about not updating! :( 

Paul is to the side. :) -------> 

I'm putting the pictures up in order of when they are introduced into the story! :)

Alsooo, my friend made me this AMAZING cover and I love it and I am going to change the cover soon (hopefully!). 

This chapter I really loved writing! I am going to start trying to update every week? Please vote, comment, and all that jazzzzz. And if any of you could give me some feedback, that would be lovely! :) 

That's all, bye!