Part 1[revised]

No one's POV

Like some stories, this one begins at our favorite blonde GoM's high school- Kaijo High. However, unlike most of these stories, this one does not start with our favorite blonde GoM. In fact, this story begins with someone else entirely different. This someone else-well...just read further to find out.

It was an ordinary spring day for Kaijo's basketball club-if the first day of a whole new semester-or an entire new school year- counts as ordinary. They had started their usual morning practice. The first string was in their normal gym while the second string and third string were outside on the track and fields-courtesy of the coach and the newly appointed unknown captain.

"Everyone, give me twenty quick hell dashes*!" a young man yelled to a huge group of newly-turned-second and third years. "Five at a time per string! Third string on the left; second string on the right! Do it under one minute! Don't tell me that you can't do it, otherwise you'll be running around the entire school grounds a hundred times!"

"Hai!" everybody said.

"Don't just stand there! Do it!" All the club member scrambled to follow his instructions.

"Ikeda, touch the lines! Kimura, keep your hands off your head! Yamada, Tanaka, don't play around while waiting! Give me fifty sit ups!" The boy pointed put their mistakes and punished those who were playing around.

An hour later the second and third string were laying on the grass. Half of them were passed out. The boy listed down those who were still conscious.

"Ok," said the boy as he looked over his clipboard. "This morning results are good. Second string has improved by eleven percent. Third string has improved by nine percent. Throw cold water on those who are knocked out. We still have twenty laps to do around the school grounds for cool down exercises."

The conscious second and third stringers groaned.

"Get on it or I'll increase it to thirty!"

Meanwhile, the first string had just finished morning practice when they heard extreme squeals.

"All the girls are squealing for Kise again," a second year complained.

"This is why none of us can get any girlfriend." said another gloomily. "He gets all the free girls."

"Come on, Ozu, Sen," a third one said. "You know that's not true."

"You only say that because you've been going out with your girlfriend since middle school, Tojo!" The first two boys threw their towels at him.

The third boy sweat dropped as he dodged the towels.

"But there are no girls in here," said Kise, surprising the three second years. "They must be outside."

The four first stringers stalked out to see what was going on. They saw girls squealing as many other boys ran passed them-half of which were drowning wet. The second years blinked.

"Go ask a girl what's going on," Ozu told the other two.

"Sorry dude, I have a girlfriend," Tojo said.

"Oh come on!" Sen exclaimed. "You're not asking one out on a date! You're just going to ask what's going on!" Then the three got into a squabble.

Kise sighed as he walked to a random girl holding a camera. "Excuse me miss, do you know what is going on?"

"The vice president was training the second and third string members of the basketball club," the girl answered as she snapped a photo with her camera, not noticing that it was Kise who asked her.

"Who?" Kise, while mildly confused, asked again.

"A student of your year who has managed to become the new student council vice president when the previous stepped down last semester," replied the girl as she snapped another shot. "He is the star rookie of the archery club and one of the two co-managers who have been training the second and third strings since last year while the coach became focused on training the first string. Occasionally he trains with them like today. At the moment he is running with them for the final cool down exercises. He is so awesome!" She squealed. "Sorry, I've got to go!" Then she ran off, leaving Kise mildly confused.

"What did you get?" asked Tojo.

"The student council vice president was training the lower strings," Kise then repeated what he was told minus the 'awesome' part.

"So that's why the coach made them go outside earlier." Ozu snapped his fingers.

"Since when did we have a second string and third string?" Sen questioned.

"Since Kaijo first opened, Sen-baka!" Then another feud between the three friends began.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The first morning bell rang throughout the school. The 'manager' looked at his watch. Then he blew his whistle. All fifty-seven students looked at him.

"You're dismissed." he announced. "Go take a shower and change your clothes. Those who got wet, do not forget to hang them up and dry them up on the roof top. Make sure to grab something to eat at the café before you head to class! Those who survived the hell dashes today, your breakfast combo is on me! I've gave them a list so they'll know who you are. You have forty-five minutes, so I suggest you get your butts moving!"

Fifty-seven pairs of feet scurried off to their locker room. The 'manager' sighed at the boys' antics. Then he turned to a bush.

"Kato Reiko, get out of that bush before I demolish that camera. How many times did I have to tell you? No-"

"-taking pictures without permission." a female brunette interrupted as she popped out of the bush. "It's not like it's going to make the front page of next week's school newspaper, Shiroma."
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

*I'm not going to call them suicides. The name is too gloomy.