02| 1 Year Later

Layla's POV

I was sleeping when I heard my mom yell. "Layla you won't believe who's next door!" I rubbed my eyes and yelled back. "Who?" "Aria she's back!"

I immediately shot up out of bed and rushed down stairs. I looked at my mom with a shocked but happy expression. "Please tell me your not joking." She laughed. "I'm not, sweetheart. Go look out the window."

I ran over to the window and looked outside and saw Mike. No one knows this but I've had a crush on Mike since the third grade. I'll always remember the day I met him. He sat on my box of crayons and all of them broke so I smacked him on the head. We became really good friends the next day. But as we got older we didn't talk as much anymore. By the time we got to 6th grade he stopped talking to me completely. I never really knew why maybe he was getting tired of me and decided to make new friends.

"Layla your staring." My mom said. I turned around quickly. "Oh." I said trying to make the redness of my cheeks not so noticeable. My mom looked at me with a small smile. "Does someone have a crush?" She asked her smile growing even bigger. "Mom!" I gasped. "Nope! Me have a crush on Mike? Never!" My mom gave me that look she always gives me when she knows I'm lying. "okay. maybe I have a crush on him." I said while biting my lip and scratching the back of my neck. "I knew it!" She jumped up and down and clapped her hands together.

"I'm gonna go over and say hi to Aria." I said while running upstairs to get ready. "don't forget to say hi to Mike!" She yelled. "Mom oh my god! They can probably hear you!" I said poking my head around the corner to look at her. "Just go get ready." She said. I turned around and ran to my room. I got dressed and ran back down stairs and out the door saying a quick goodbye.

I went over to Arias house and knocked on the door waiting for someone to open it. Ella opened the door with a smile on her face. "Layla I haven't seen you in so long." She said hugging me. "I missed you guys so much." I said breaking the hug. "Come in." She said opening the door some more. I walked in and saw Aria. She had a happy expression on her face as she ran up and hugged me. "I can't believe your back." I said hugging her back. "Me either." She replied breaking the hug.

"Want to come with me to take Mike to lacrosse?" She asked. "Sure." I answered giving a nervous smile. I was the first to get in the car because Aria's dad wanted to ask her something. I saw Mike come out of the house and get in the car. "Hey Layla I didn't know you were here." He said looking back at me from the front seat. "Yeah I, um, came over to see aria since I haven't seen her in forever." I rubbed the back of my neck. it's a nervous habit of mine.

"Well good to see you again." He said turning around to face the front. "You too." I mumbled quietly. We stopped at the front of the school so Mike could go to lacrosse. Before he got out he mumbled a quick bye. Aria yelled from the car. "Hey, what time am I picking you up?" I gave him a small smile when he turned around. "Uh, six." He said while walking towards the school. "Okay, I'm gonna grab some food." She said starting the car.

She dropped me back off at my house before she went to get food. I said a quick thanks getting out of the car and walking into my house.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Should I continue this story?