04: Dark Dreams

Foxclaw blinked open her eyes, and was surprised not to be in the warriors den, curled up in her new nest, with sunlight filtering in.

Instead, it was dark. Foxclaw carefully sat up, looking around at her strange new surroundings. She was in a forest, but not BoulderClan's forest. The trees were closer together, and were so tall Foxclaw couldn't see the tops no matter how hard she tried. There were no stars, no moon. The lighting was dimmer than any normal night, and Foxclaw's eyes took a while to get used to it.

Foxclaw didn't panic, and instead tried to think about where she was. I'm a light sleeper, I would've woken up if someone tried to bring me somewhere... could I be dreaming?

"Clever kitty." Foxclaw quickly turned around at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. Her amber eyes met blue ones, as the white tom stepped out from a clump of bushes.

He was tall and muscular, his fur short and clean, his white pelt scattered with small splashes of black. His eyes were a fierce icy blue, and the left one appeared clouded and sightless with a long, jagged scar running over it. Larger than Foxclaw, the tom gave off a dangerous feeling that made her uneasy.

The tom stared right into the depths of Foxclaw's soul, she couldn't help but shudder as he took a step closer. His large paw crushed a dying plant on the forest floor as he seemed to examine her like she would a mouse.

She forced herself to stand her ground, and met his cold eyes with strength in her own. "Who are you?" She demanded, swishing her tail.

The tom chuckled, brushing her off. He padded even closer, breathing in her scent. "You've grown up into a beautiful young warrior," he purred, causing Foxclaw to flinch away. He sighed, "If only I could've lived to watch your youth."

Foxclaw stood up straight, forcing her fear down, though it was growing with every passing second. She couldn't let this cat see he terrified her. "Who are you?" She asked again, an edge to her tone.

"Oh Foxclaw, don't be like that." The tom flicked his black tail tip in annoyance.

Foxclaw's eyes widened, and she unsheathed her claws. "H-how-"

He cut her off. "I'm Blizzardpelt, I'm sure you've heard of me."

Foxclaw shook her head, though the name sounded familiar. "N-no, I haven't. How did you-"

Again, Bizzardpelt cut her off. "Snowbird really never told you? After everything, I thought she was better than that." He stated nonchalantly.

"You know my mother?" Foxclaw half hissed, fur bristling.

Blizzardpelt looked to her with a glint of amusement in his good eye. "I more than just know her, she was my mate."

Foxclaw stepped back in surprise, and took another good look at the tom in front of her. She and Shadowpaw had never known their father, so could Blizzardpelt possibly...

"Are you-" as soon as Foxclaw started to speak, the forest started to fade, as did Blizzardpelt. "Wait!" She called out, but to no avail.

~*~*~

Foxclaw's eyes shot open, and she found that she was back in her nest. She sighed, both in relief and irritation. It was just a dream... but was it from StarClan? She stood, shaking out her pelt. Probably not, I've never heard of such frightening cats being in StarClan.

Foxclaw stretched, padding out of the den. I'll figure it out soon.